Home General Discussion
Options

What's your go-to cigar?

I've always been partial to the La Gloria Cubana Artisanos de Miami Elegante based on a review from 2008. Lately they've seemed a bit too tight, tough to draw. I've had good luck with the Daniel Marshal Red Label Churchills, but I'm open to suggestions. My preference is something I can spend an hour with.

Comments

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    MOW original, DPG Blue, or Vegas Gold, anytime, anywhere.  Lot's of favorites but those are no-brainers for me.  
  • Options
    jsnblnchrdjsnblnchrd Posts: 33
    Pretty much any Upmann, AF, DE, or La Gloria are all great go-to sticks.  Lately I've been on the Oliva Master Blends 3.  It's worth a try.  The robusto size is just over an hour.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Undercrown or Diesel Unlimited
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flor de las Antilles.

New World.

Oliva G Cameroon.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Flor de las Antilles.
    mow virtue.
    Avo maduro.
    De java.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virtually an unanswerable question, for me. 

Does "go to" imply affordable enough to smoke every day? 

If I had only a few cigars to get me through the next six months and I had to consider cost verses quality, I guess I could name a few. 

Lately I'm very fond of:
    CAO Brazilia
    and
    J.D.Howard Reserve 
    I have always liked:
    Avo Classic

Many more,...... but, I hope I never have to chose. 

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a "go-to" cigar right now.  I am smoking less lately so when I do, it is something that strikes my fancy at the moment.  Open the box and see what catches my eye.  In the past it would have been Nording, Bauza, The Griffins, or anything from the Fuentes line. I would always buy those in box quantity.
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    AF Hemingway
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Armed forces series esteli Nicaragua.. $2.50 a stick f@&$ing outstanding for that price.
  • Options
    kjburnskjburns Posts: 4
    When I posted this, I was looking for ideas. I'm finding that I need to branch out a bit, so I've started taking advantage of the specials. So far, I haven't been disappointed. One was a bit mild for my taste, but it was still good. I'll keep an eye out for the suggestions. Thanks
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    my go-to homework stick is the la herencia cubana core. solid stick and you can get em cheap if you look hard enough. I smoked a little more than a box worth of them last semester
  • Options
    but as a go-to stick that I know will be amazing, and enjoy when doing nothing in my free time is the padron maduro (doesn't matter the year, but I love the 1926's, although they are expensive) or the Arturo fuente hemingway maduro.
  • Options
    and sorry to triple post, but if you're looking to broaden your horizons, check out some samplers. a sampler I started with was the delicious dozen sampler, which has 2 cores in it, plus some other solid smokes like the decade, cohiba red dot, and ave maria. you can pick this up for dirt cheap on cbid
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am only about 4 months into this and have basically been smoking whatever I can get. I just started ordering samplers. Right now my fav by a wide margin is La Gloria Cubana. Freaking great cigar. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The caution with samplers is to not over-buy.  For the first several months I was buying samplers looking for what I liked, and now that I have a better feel for what to buy, there are cigars getting lonely in my humidors because they're just so-so sticks.  It seems  vendors make up their samplers and sneak some dogs in with the ones you really want.

My go-to's have been just about anything from My Father/Pepin Garcia, Aroma de Cuba/Ashton, Gloria de Cubana/ EP Carillo, most Perdomos, and most Alec Bradleys.  There's a bunch of other stuff I've been loving, but the list would go on and on.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything diesel
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje, that Viaje, your Viaje, his Viaje, her Viaje.