Home General Discussion
Options

B&M in Chicago

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I will be going to Chicago next Sun-Thurs for a conference. Any advice on a B&M near the McCormick Place where I can sit and have a smoke? Also any advice on good eats around that area as well. 

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a vehicle?  If so then I would make the trip to Casa De Montecristo.  Google Maps puts it at about a 35 minute drive.  That is where the Winter Chicago Herf goes down and it is one impressive place.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't have much B&M experience here in IL, I can give you some good dining tips. 

Think "Italian Beef Sandwich". It's uber popular in the Chicagoland area and yet sadly, nowhere else in the US. Lots o small hole in the all places to get one, like Al's beef, Mr. Beef, johnnies beef, or Portillos. If you like italian sausage then make sure to get the "combo" which piles the italian beef onto a sausage link. Like spice?  Get it with Giardiniera.  

You will thank me later :)
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Do you have a vehicle?  If so then I would make the trip to Casa De Montecristo.  Google Maps puts it at about a 35 minute drive.  That is where the Winter Chicago Herf goes down and it is one impressive place.
    Yeah I wasn't planning on renting a car. Was going to stick to cabs and subway, but I may have to try and get out there.

Also beef and sausage together on a sandwich sounds terrific, gonna have to try that.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Italian Beef is great or you can never go wrong with a nice Chicago Deep Dish pizza.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Closer to downtown, I'd check out Blue Havana, Up Down, and Jack Schwartz.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to check out Blue Havana when I'm there. Half a mile from Wrigley Field. 
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to check out Blue Havana when I'm there. Half a mile from Wrigley Field. 
    You won't be disappointed. They have a great selection and with some age. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz said:
    You won't be disappointed. They have a great selection and with some age. 
    That sounds awesome. I'm going to a Cubs game while I'm there so maybe I'll get to combine the two. 
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭

the closest decent place downtown close to MP, is Irwin ries

http://www.iwanries.com/directions.cfm

• Options

the closest decent place downtown close to MP, is Irwin ries

http://www.iwanries.com/directions.cfm

Joe, can you smoke there? 
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭

yes, but I think you might have to buy some from them, if you where close to casa's if they did not let you in the vip lounge, I could get you in with my vip access.