Home General Discussion
Options

Alec Bradley The Burner Table-Top Torch Lighter

Does anybody have this?  Or has anybody tried this?  I'm curious as to how well it works, or if there are any issue with it.

Is it fragile, since it looks like it's mostly glass?

It looks complicated.  Is it difficult to use?

Anything else you'd like to share about it?

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Well, I love mine. It's chrome, not glass. I guess the shiny chrome in the photos was not showing much of a reflection and had you thinking it was glass. And, I would not consider it a touch. It produces a wide blue flame. 

I'm an avid toaster so, this works great for me. I keep the flame away from the foot and go slow. I don't just jam a torch lighter up to the foot and start puffing because that would produce harsher tastes. 

It's easy to use. Think of a gas grill. Turn on the gas, push the button to ignite the flame. I like to turn mine down as low as it will go. It doesn't do all that great in any sort of wind and, it doesn't fit in my pants pocket but, other than that I love it
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    What Bob said and that wider flame is great for toasting & lighting the larger ring gauge cigars. 

And the large tank lasts a good while before refills.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got one a little over a week ago and love it. I even bring it to my lounge with my I like it so much.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Soft flame + table-top = best way to toast and light.  For the price, it's a great table lighter, and it just seems "friendlier" to the tobacco than a torch.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    By golly, if its good enough for Bob (2Bs) then its good enough for me. At $29.95 can't pass it up. But I have never been able to get an avid to hold still long enough to toast.

I will however keep my long matches ready to go.
  • Options
    jsnblnchrdjsnblnchrd Posts: 33
    Thanks for the posts guys, but I'm still debating on getting this.  I would guess this lighter isn't something you leave outside.  So that means every time you smoke, you've got to carry it with you.  And as Bob said, it doesn't exactly fit in your pocket.  I mean unless you've got an indoor lounge or man cave, this isn't exactly convenient.  Am I right?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the posts guys, but I'm still debating on getting this.  I would guess this lighter isn't something you leave outside.  So that means every time you smoke, you've got to carry it with you.  And as Bob said, it doesn't exactly fit in your pocket.  I mean unless you've got an indoor lounge or man cave, this isn't exactly convenient.  Am I right?
    Use a cigar box to carry all your stuff in. I keep a spare cutter, lighter, nubber, and bottle opener in a box so I can just grab that every time I go outside. 
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one from Vinny last year.  Love it.  I keep it outside in my smoking area which is a covered porch.  Lights every time, easy to adjust.  Well worth it
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Use a cigar box to carry all your stuff in. I keep a spare cutter, lighter, nubber, and bottle opener in a box so I can just grab that every time I go outside. 
    I do this too. at least I used to. I had a cube shaped cigar box for this purpose and the cool thing about it was I could keep "the burner" down in there below the top edges of the box and this would help block the breeze if necessary. Also if the breeze was a little bit stronger I'd use the lid of the box as a wind break. 

Now I transport my stuff around in a small 10" or maybe 12" canvas tool bag with a zippered lid. I can fit a ten cigar herfador and "the burner" and a large fuel can plus the tool bag has pockets all around the inside perimeter that holds extra lighters and cutters and maybe even a pint of brown liquid stuff. Bourbon? Yeah, that's what it is. 
  • Options
    jsnblnchrdjsnblnchrd Posts: 33
    Well guys, you've convinced me.  I just placed my order for one.  Thanks for all your help!!