Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho American Barrel-Aged

I know this a brand new stick, but has anybody given it a try yet?
Tagged:

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one but haven't smoked it yet
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Might try one tomorrow...it's a cool idea but davidoff really screwed up the lines so hopefully this will be a different story
    Money can't buy taste
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I'm smoking one now. I'm not tossing it but, not digging it much either.
    Update:
    Well, I'm about to change my tune on this cigar. Maybe it just took a while for my palate to warm up to it. Whatever it is , I began enjoying it more after the first third. I can pick up the slight bourbon at this point, especially with a small amount of retrohale. I'm not pairing it with any drink at this point. Water may be fine but I think a bourbon pairing might drown out the profile. But I also get the feeling I want to try it with bourbon as well. . 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, there was a sweet spot just before the middle of the cigar where the flavors were most enjoyable. After the halfway point it seemed to smoke hotter and due to my inattentiveness there were several re-lights. 

I would try it again just to give it a better opportunity but next time I'll try the toro instead of the robusto.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again, it may just be a stick that isn't great just yet.  They supposedly sit for several months before arriving to the distributor, yes?  But I'm finding more and more, the cigars I thought were only OK when new are much better down the road.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Then again, it may just be a stick that isn't great just yet.  They supposedly sit for several months before arriving to the distributor, yes?  But I'm finding more and more, the cigars I thought were only OK when new are much better down the road.

For me I find this to be true with most cigars, an example is the JDH by Crowned Heads, I liked the other offerings by CH so when these came out I bought a box, I smoked a few and thought, meh it's okay. I revisited these after about a year and they are great, the flavors are crisp and clean and the burn has improved dramatically,  
    I had one the other day...it was good and I like the idea behind it but must say its better then all the new blends for Camacho. It was well balanced with little to no spice and the construction was 50/50. Would I buy it again?? Not for what they are asking for but I'd pay $9 for the toro
    Money can't buy taste
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one the other day...it was good and I like the idea behind it but must say its better then all the new blends for Camacho. It was well balanced with little to no spice and the construction was 50/50. Would I buy it again?? Not for what they are asking for but I'd pay $9 for the toro
    Have you tried the Ecuador? I thought that was a fantastic smoke and worthy of a box
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    Have you tried the Ecuador? I thought that was a fantastic smoke and worthy of a box
    I have not yet tried it...I've heard good and bad things but I do have one in the box thanks to firerob but just am waiting for a good moment
    Money can't buy taste