Home Non Cigar Related

Everything breaks.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
But why do they all break at the same time?

And why do they break when you have enough money put aside for something else? You know, something that is a feel good purchase and you have waited years for.

Needed a new heating element for the clothes dryer, I thought. Needed a lot more. And while your here you may as well check the hoses on the washer. Washer motor 2 shakes away from melting. The big window AC unit starts smoking.....I'm going back to bed.

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :worried: 
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've had days like that. Recently I had to replace a dishwasher, stove, water heater and my car all in two weeks time.. Now the television picture is starting to look crappy
     Yikes! 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, doesn't it seem that shizz happens in threes?

Hope you can get stuff fixed and back to normal soon!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it rains, it pours for sure!  Sorry to hear about your luck!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Laptop died on me.  I shut it down on Thursday and walked away.  Came back to it Sunday, and it was still showing lights like it froze during shut-down.  Hard reset and it remains in that state.  Need to see if it's the monitor, but I think it just died.

And I have other "broken" issues in the new place.  Thankfully the landlord has to repair those; I just have to live with them.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, after two days of research and tedious unscrewing...I stuck my mother board in the oven to attempt a poor man's reflow of the GPU, borrowed some thermal paste to reset the heat sink, and cleaned everything really well.  It booted.  Currently backing up some critical files.  I only have 5 screws left over, and I know where 3 of them go...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    ya i just waiting for my truck to give up the ghost....then i'll be hosed so much other stuff going on taking all the money just hoping my maintenance I've done is enough, its been abused for many years. 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n!