Home Non Cigar Related

Too far with The Queen's Guard.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Non Cigar Related

Dramatic video of Queen's Guard as he points gun at annoying tourist

Published June 26, 2015

queensguardjpg

The moment a Queen's Guard pulls rifle on a tourist who touched him. (YouTube)

The Queen's Guard are known for their ability to remain stoically at attention outside England's royal residences.

But one Asian tourist visiting Windsor Castle, about 25 miles outside of London, learned the hard way of the frightening consequences if you get too close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCSWPFnjbU

The tourist was mocking the soldier by walking alongside of him. (YouTube)

A video posted to YouTube shows the mischievous tourist mocking the patrolling soldier by walking alongside him, as friends can be heard giggling in the background.

But the mood changes very quickly when the man rests his hand on the soldier's shoulder.

In the dramatic 20-second clip the soldier suddenly draws his bayonet-tipped  rifle and shouts at the man to get back.

"Get back from the Queen's Guard," the soldier barks.

The Queen's Guard has protocols to deal with people who are being annoying, and should shout or stomping their feet. After reviewing the incident, the Ministry of Defense has said the reaction was appropriate and no further action will be taken.

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wouldn't touch a peace officer under any other circumstances, and I don't see why he thought he could. He is lucky that he only got yelled at
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally think it was appropriate. I'm all for having some fun but let's be a little respectful at the same time.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was bound to happen...glad it did. By the way did the Guards antagonist disappear in a puff of smoke? Never saw him again, just wondering.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely appropriate.  You can't just go lay your hand on a cop... this isn't a lot different.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't fix stupid!