Home General Discussion
Options

Coincidence? Century club same day

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
So yesterday was a milestone day!!  

I made my 100th post on this forum, and then, a package came in the mail, which put me officially at 101 sticks in the humidor!

Coincidence?

Cue the Twighlight Zone theme.....
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, doesn't this set a precedent?  By the time you hit 1000 posts you'll have 1000 cigars? It could easily happen. I don't even know how many I have. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And were any of yesterday's sticks a My Father Centurion?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    Well, doesn't this set a precedent?  By the time you hit 1000 posts you'll have 1000 cigars? It could easily happen. I don't even know how many I have. 
    You likely have 4067. LOL
  • Options
    Oh that would be spooky.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    It's Karma, and it's telling you you need a bigger humi.  Should've bought 100 lottery tickets, ride the wave.
  • Options
    LOL, wife is already giving me grief over it:  "How many do you need"?  Think I'm in trouble......
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is kinda how it goes at my house;

The mailman throws a package on the porch, rings the bell and runs, the dog goes ballistic because the bell rang. I retrieve my package and head toward my office,

T. (the wife) who was that? the mailman dropped off a box.

T. what did we get? um, some cigars. T. someone sent you more cigars? uh, no I bought these. T. (one eyebrow raised) because you really NEED more cigars, right?

they were on sale, it was a really good deal! T. (eyebrows now forming a v) uh-hah

Tried to explain that these are what I'm buying to smoke next year and that by taking advantage of the sale I am actually saving us money! She just doesn't get it!    

• Options
    skydiverD said:
    LOL, wife is already giving me grief over it:  "How many do you need"?  Think I'm in trouble......
    Time for a secret cooler in the crawl space. Hahahaha. 
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Your scenario above @onestrangeone is exactly whats going on here.  As my wife is usually not home tuesdays, I gotta coordinate my orders so that they ship to arrive on tuesdays.... LOL

And yes, I'll need a secret cooler stashed somewhere.
  • Options
    but, I can receive Bombs any day of the week  :p
  • Options
    Aahhhh!  I can't stop myself, I just ordered more today and won a couple small bids last night.......

Going to need a second job.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Aahhhh!  I can't stop myself, I just ordered more today and won a couple small bids last night.......

Going to need a second job.
    I started working more details to cover my purchases... It's crazy. I also have my son check the mail and hide my packages while my wife is at work. She makes her own schedule because she is a nurse so sometimes it works and sometimes I get "the look". I luck out sometimes because some of the places I order from put their name on the boxes instead of the company so I say damn, I just got bombed...lol
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    It gets easier,........ after the divorce. :warning:  
  • Options
    One wrinkle to my "shipments arrive on Tuesday". I got 2 orders arriving tomorrow. Check. Wife will be at work. Check. All looking good!  Except, I'll be out of town til Thursday. Damn. A multi box s order is likely to raise some eyebrows and she will stew over it until I get home. 

Anybody got a spare room I can sleep in?  :open_mouth: 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the old, old song, "I Need Some Red Roses For A Blue Lady"?  That idea may carry over to your situation. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    LOL. Yup. Especially since I'm going into surgery on Friday and gonna need some nursing for a while. Red roses it is!  Lots of them.