Home Ratings & Reviews

Week four group review 7/6/15 -- Montecristo Media Noche

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
And go.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been eyeing these. Haven't tried any Media Noche yet.  Can't wait to read the reviews. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    I been eyeing these. Haven't tried any Media Noche yet.  Can't wait to read the reviews. 
    Send me your addy and i'll get you one of these to try.  I have really enjoyed them lately.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Wow thanks!  I see your in WI. I go up there near Appleton a few times a year. I'll look you up on my next trip up. I'm on a mission to meet as many BOTL's as I can as a travel the Midwest. 
    Works for me.  Let me know when you are up here.  We can meet up at a local shop and enjoy a cigar and drink. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I smoked my weekly stick last night while on the vherf.  

I found these sticks probably 4-5 months ago and since then I have enjoyed everyone I have had.  They are consistently well made cigars with a nice even burn that rarely needs to be touched up.  Once they sit down in the cooler for a short time to mellow out they become just a huge chocolaty smokey goodness that is so delicious.  Last night it was a little humid so about 1/2 way through I had to take a draw tool to open it up a bit for an easier draw but that is to be expected with the weather.  

If you have not had this stick yet or are thinking about not doing it this week I encourage you to seriously try these and its one of my favorite regular smokes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found these sticks probably 4-5 months ago and since then I have enjoyed everyone I have had.  They are consistently well made cigars with a nice even burn that rarely needs to be touched up.  Once they sit down in the cooler for a short time to mellow out they become just a huge chocolaty smokey goodness that is so delicious.  Last night it was a little humid so about 1/2 way through I had to take a draw tool to open it up a bit for an easier draw but that is to be expected with the weather.  

If you have not had this stick yet or are thinking about not doing it this week I encourage you to seriously try these and its one of my favorite regular smokes.
    I love a good chocolaty smoke. I may have to pick one up. I thought I had a couple but they were the Upmann Media Noche. I actually smoked one of these the other night and it was pretty good as well
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:

I love a good chocolaty smoke. I may have to pick one up. I thought I had a couple but they were the Upmann Media Noche. I actually smoked one of these the other night and it was pretty good as well
    I have had the Upmann and RyJ as well.  These 2 are good but I think the Monte has nailed it with their version.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I am loving this thing.  Thanks brad.  Very Chocolaty!  Smooth as silk.  Quite a treat.

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I am way behind still.

Smoked a#2 on the 26th. What a beauty.

Mine had a mega tight draw, for the entire stick. Wasn't enough to bum me out though, the flavors of this one were lightly sweet, cocoa, mild dried fruit, very light leather, cedar and an amazing underlying tobacco flavor. 

No relights needed, smoked it for about 1:40, with ~3 mins rest between draws. 

Even when smoked too fast, the mild pepper tones did not detract from the flavors, very harmonious stick

This stick was my first Monte, and absolutley not my last. 

Pardon the buggered cut in the 2nd pic...didn't cause any issues, just looks a bit wonky.

Do do yourself a favor and get a few. Damn good cigar.

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't grab one to review.  I am actually surprised at how well received these are.  I guess I always assumed the Montes from GC were just ordinary plain crowd pleaser smokes.  

Seems like everyone really enjoys these though.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you on this one Gray.. gonna have to give one a try
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    They did this one right.

End review.

Drops mic.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the 3 Noches this one is by far the best. It is a superb smoke. Been a while since I had one. Will have to fire one up after reading this. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 2 fivers of these because of these reviews.

I don't regret it. Very tastey. Easy to smoke, even for a rookie. Glad I have a bunch more.imageimage
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had about a half dozen of these and have loved every one. 
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    They're okay. I've smoked five now and I like them. It's just that I have so many more cigars I like more. I do think they're usually overpriced though.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're okay. I've smoked five now and I like them. It's just that I have so many more cigars I like more. I do think they're usually overpriced though.
    Same here. Tried a couple and wasn't a huge fan. The ones I have are well rested now so I have to revisit this one soon.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Tried a couple and wasn't a huge fan. The ones I have are well rested now so I have to revisit this one soon.
    Actually the ones I have are H. Upmann, but I have a Monte that EY sent that might burn this weekend.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a Monte Media Churchill Tuesday night, right along with a Monte cigarillo (I believe they call them Memories, or some such). 

The monte is such a tasty stick. I can't sing its praises nearly enough. 

The Churchill breathed about the same as the Torpedo -- it is a tight stick. Be patient with her and it will pay off in dividends. 

Chocolate, coffee, tree nuts, leather, cedar, and an amazing tobacco profile. 

Get some, and get 'em lit!

-Jay

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch