Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Magazines - Which do you read?

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Being a noob beginning my journey, I'm curious to which magazones y'all might read?  Cigar afficiando, Cigar snob, Cigar and spirits, Cigar Press, DSM, etc?  what do you like, or not like about them?

Thinking about subscribing to one.  Anyt thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar aficionado is cool. I usually thumb through email a few times and will read a few of the articles. Usually a cool section on booze or cuba.  Some interesting stories.

I usually skip the expensive watch sections and golf stuff.

I haven't ever read another cigar pub.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I subscribe to CA and enjoy reading it while having a smoke.  Everything else is from online sources.  Halfwheel, BlindMansPuff, CigarCoop, etc.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I don't subscribe to any but I enjoy free copies of Cigar Press they give me at one of my local shops.

I thumbed through a copy of Cigar and Spirits at a B&M recently and I was impressed. They had a few pics of Arielle of La Sirena Cigars in bathing suits that made me want to steal the mag right then and there.

Cigar and Spirits has Lot's of cigars rated. I'm thinking of a subscription but haven't pulled the trigger. One downside is that they only do six issues a year. 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I liked Cigar Magazine, did a taste test for them one time. It was fun.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I don't subscribe to any but I enjoy free copies of Cigar Press they give me at one of my local shops.

I thumbed through a copy of Cigar and Spirits at a B&M recently and I was impressed. They had a few pics of Arielle of La Sirena Cigars in bathing suits that made me want to steal the mag right then and there.

Cigar and Spirits has Lot's of cigars rated. I'm thinking of a subscription but haven't pulled the trigger. One downside is that they only do six issues a year. 
    Hubba Hubba!  They know how to get my attention. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I was a longtime subscriber to Cigar Aficionado, from the time I got interested up until I left the States. I enjoyed thumbing through it while smoking - seems like lots of people bash it for being more of a 'lifestyle magazine' rather than just 100% cigars, but honestly, I enjoy the culture around cigars as well. I've browsed through a few other cigar rags at various lounges, but haven't really been impressed with any of them, to be honest.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow CA on bookface and just signed up for a subscription a few days back
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get CA free for a couple years now( doing the reward thing) but I really like cigar press and cigars and spirits.