Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Vehicular milestone.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
This happened last night.
:smile: 
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    She rolled. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Thanks! This is the first car ive rolled over to all zeros. She needs a lot of work done to her... but she looks great, drives like a dream and is reliable. lol
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! This is the first car ive rolled over to all zeros. She needs a lot of work done to her... but she looks great, drives like a dream and is reliable. lol
    wait, is this the mustang?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jgibv said:

Yup its my mustang. lol
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should know because I am of that vintage, but they must roll over at 99,999.9, correct?

Nowadays, the odometers show hundreds of thousands.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

Yup its my mustang. lol

sounds like a love/hate relationship between you & that car......

remembering some of the older posts you've written about it haha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
     My last vehicle had 249,981 miles on it It was a Friday night and I was thinking, "Wow, I'm going to roll 250 this weekend.  One mile later the transmission went out on it. I loved that old truck.
  • Options
    these days wth lease and drive its not likely many cars wll see that many mles them. We really are  throw away society. but my Escape has 126,000 mles on it. Drive it till it don't.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding Chris, and you got a picture too.  
  • Options
    jgibv said:
    jgibv said:

Yup its my mustang. lol

sounds like a love/hate relationship between you & that car......

remembering some of the older posts you've written about it haha

yeah its an odd relationship right now. I love the car but I hate the work (poor quality) that shops have done on it. Im currently toying with the idea of trying to track down someone willing to trade a 1950 Shoebox Ford for my stang. lol I doubt it would happen but I would love it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I love the look of those old dashboards..The little light in the middle of the speedometer  that tells you the brights are on The button on the floorboard to turn them on. The push button radio, pull the button to lock a station,  a lighter, an ashtray !
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    I should know because I am of that vintage, but they must roll over at 99,999.9, correct?

Nowadays, the odometers show hundreds of thousands.
    Peter - You are correct. They roll at 99,999..09. the new won't roll until one million! I know of long haul trucks with 400 to 500 thousand miles but I have not heard of one million.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    what kind of shoddy repairs have the mechanics done? how could you mess up working on a 60s ford?
  • Options
    The company that did work on my brakes after an accident has failed to do it right. I kept getting creaking and squeaking noises when I used the brakes and not it seems my brakes are more warped than they used to be.