Home General Discussion

Somewhere, Somehow....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Somewhere, somehow, I've acquired a torpedo with a blue band. The band says "Utopia Blue" along with the initials RS. The blue band has a silver colored border and the image of a jeweled crown. So far, I've tracked it back to Utopia Cigars in Chicago but their website seems to be partly inoperative at the moment. 

Can anyone shed any light on this stick for me?  I think they're made in the Dominican Republic but beyond that I'm ignorant. Thanks for any info you can provide....  B)

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    The stick was from a local shop in Chicago. The BOTL lilwing would send them out 4-5 years ago. Cant remember to much about them other then they were damn good.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for that. I located the website for Utopia Cigars but it doesn't appear to be active. Part of the page says something about their being Dominican cigars and that usually implies a milder cigar. If so, that's a plus in my book. I guess I'd best try this puppy out ...   B)

thanks again....
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was a pleasant surprise. I torched that Utopia Blue today and it wasn't bad. In fact, it tasted very much like any of the ISOMs I've ever smoked - the same woody undertones and all. Not bad at all. Wish I knew for sure who to thank for it....