Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New IWB holster

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
Got a new holster for my carry gun(M&P Shield 9). It's a Desantis intruder and I did a lot of research on this one.  Was about to get an alien gear or a cross breed but this popped up on amazon for 1/2 off.  Amazingly comfortable and a huge improvement over my old blackhawk single clip.  I like that its tuckable but rarely tuck my shirt in.  First impression is amazement at how even the weight is distributed and how comfortable the leather is against my skin, especially sitting in a car, which is where most holsters fail for me.  I carry at 3:30 and I can easily forget it's there.  Leather is sturdy but supple and the Kydex is well molded . My only complaint is there is no retention.  You can turn it upside down and the gun will fall out.  I put it on and sprinted 50 yards with it with no problems...I know I'm wierd, but haven't yet done any fall on my back drills.  Other than that the draw and reholster are great and it holds the gun at a near perfect angle.  If you're looking for a new holster I give these 4 stars out of five oy because I wish there was a tad more retention but so far that has t proven to be an issue.  Sale...amazon...just sayin:)

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Damn, meant to post in NCR
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice holster, but I think the lack of retention would be a deal breaker for me. I really want to know its going to be secure. Rusty Sherrick makes some really nice custom holsters but they are a bit on the pricey side.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are lucky DDub is such a slacker Vinny.  He would have wrote you up for this
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desantis makes a very nice quality holster.  I currently use this for my 1911 when I am open carrying it (usually working in the woods or while hunting) http://www.desantisholster.com/VIPER
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't there some spacers between the kydex and the leather?  My IWB's do, and if yours does too, try removing some and see if that helps. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    @jetmech_63 MY crossbreed will have more retention while being worn. Also, if you heat kydex you can form it. Watch a youtube video so you don't over do it. I tightened mine up a bit using this method.

@rsherman24 Slacker? I am offended! I'll write you both a ticket.