Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Scottish Highland Games this weekend!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Im super stoked! I love being able to soak up my Scottish heritage and culture! Gonna man up and have some haggis this year! Any of you gents able to describe what haggis tastes like? Honestly the concept and visuals aren't all that appealing. lol Gonna eat it anyway!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    To me, it channels sausage. It differs from Banger, in the sense that instead of rusk, it has groats (whole oats) in it. It does taste gamey--the mutton is what lends it this flavor--but I think it is damn tasty.

If you have ever eaten deer it will taste pretty familiar.

Goodonya for going

and

Alba gu Brath!

-Jay

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    I like deer!  So it seems as though I may be able to choke it down without much issue lol

Brod Scottish!
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It tastes good for the first few bites and them the gameness gets to me.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You eat to much of that stuff and the next thing you know you will want to wear a dress.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only kidding guys. We had the Highland Games up here last weekend at Grandfather Mountain. Thousands of kilt wearing and knife carrying folks from all over.
  • Options
    my response didn't post. lol I take no offense to wearing a kilt or other peoples comments on it being a dress.... ;)

I was talking with a lady from SC who hosts the Graham Clan tent at the Grandfather Highland Games! That is a really crazy coincidence!