Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Remembrance contest

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys need some ideas, in remembrance of my brother Jason, I'm looking to add a tattoo to myself, we had several and got a few together, so I needs some ideas, I have a few but would like to get some outside opinions and create it from there with my ideas. So if you guys can help I would appreciate it. Any ideas really, any pictures, quotes etc. the 1 I pick will receive a 10 piece from me and I would use your design mixed with my ideas. Thank you guys very much for all your help. I'll leave this up for a few weeks to get as many ideas as I can. 

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting a dias de los muertos skull in the next few weeks.  The idea of Dias de Los Muertos is to remember and and honor your relatives and others that have pass before you.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend not getting a portrait, as they are very rarely ever done correctly. Too many pictures of horror stories on epicfail.com. Unless you absolutely and entirely trust your tattoo artist and their work. Maybe go with something that you both were interested in or had in common?
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    I am getting a dias de los muertos skull in the next few weeks.  The idea of Dias de Los Muertos is to remember and and honor your relatives and others that have pass before you.  
    This sounds reasonable if you are of Latin descent. Just about every culture has something similar to this in their own way. I'm not sure what your heritage is so I can't really comment further
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he smoke the leaf? 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine got a tattoo of a phrase his mother would use often, after she passed.  He says every time he looks/reads it it reminds him of her and brings him comfort.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your family owns some land go plant a tree for him.
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Angel wings with your brothers name between them.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help guys, no he didn't smoke the leaf maybe the other leaf a few times :) come on all u artists out there I need some creativity pics, no 1 wants my free cigars? 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you shoot together?  Or, serve in the same branch, maybe?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought this was kinda cool .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thought this was kinda cool .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    My next one is going to be a Celtic Tree of Life -- symbolic of the joining of heaven and earth, or the joining of family together.

I am on my phone, so not sure about copy/paste, but lots of very good examples on Google.

Very cool you are doing this to remember him

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's great, keeping him with you.  I'm sure there are many memories and you know him best, it will come to you.  Was there a special place you shared or some way he influenced you?