Home General Discussion
Options

My First Real CC

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
If you guys remember, I got gifted a bad fake Monte CC a few weeks back from a co-worker.

A second co-worker just gave me this beauty. Looks to be a coronas señor, and his GF got him a couple years ago.

Gonna remove the cap and let this one rest for a few months. It is a bit on the dry side, lol, and may not recover. It still is mega cool!
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Options
    sorry about the blurry photo
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right on, Partagas is a great stick.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it comes back to life with some TLC.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it back slowly.  If it takes on too much humidity too quickly it can burst. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to my recent trip to the DR, I plan on sending a bunch of people their first "real" Cuban. I still can't believe the amazing prices I got right on the beach. Even had beautiful glass tops so I could see what I was buying! Lol, just had to share.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    You know the saying "If it's not glass, send it back".
  • Options
    Or to DZR for "inspection".
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz said:
    Thanks to my recent trip to the DR, I plan on sending a bunch of people their first "real" Cuban. I still can't believe the amazing prices I got right on the beach. Even had beautiful glass tops so I could see what I was buying! Lol, just had to share.

is that a special humidor back pack?  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    That backpack is hilarious!! My dad and sister actually fell for this; about 6 months after coming to visit me in Spain and smoking the first cigar ever with me, he heads out to Cabo with my sister. Posts a picture later on of them both smoking stogies on the beach, but when I asked him about it he said they were total dog rockets (I´m paraphrasing here). lol! Looks like that Partagas should be enjoyable though Jay - as has already been said, take the rehumidifcation slowly, and hopefully it hasn´t dried out too much.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I have been going low and slow with bringing it back, and so far so good! The stick doesn't seem as fragile as it was when it was gifted to me (def. a good sign). Gonna try a few more weeks rest and then fire it up

-Jay