Home Non Cigar Related

Windows 10 issues

2»

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My laptop came with 8.1, and even though there was no strong reason to move to 10 I did so a few months back, and have had zero problems.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hasn't been bad, videos etc. play better than they did.  Couple weeks to learn what to expect, then memory of the previous system just starts to fade and I take the new thing for granted.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    When it actually installs right, I think it works great. I've upgraded two Win 8.1 PCs and I've noticed it starts up faster and not having to do the incredibly annoying "side window sweep" to get to the power switch is worth it alone. I've had no compatibility issues with programs so far. 

They key, though, it making sure your PC/laptop can update. I tried updating on two laptops--one with Win 7 and another with Win 8, and it got totally stuck--I left both on overnight and they never downloaded the program, even though the WIn compatibility thingamabob said they could handle the upgrade. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm. Anyone else with any input?
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I upgraded 5 or 6 different machines and 1 had issue with 1 that I needed to go track down an ethernet driver.  Other than that I love it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Upgraded one by no choice of my own and it's doing fine for the most part.  Bought a new laptop with it factory installed.  Works great.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.