Home General Discussion
Options

Interesting bit of (local) cigar history...

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
http://www.yorkblog.com/yorktownsquare/2008/03/05/tobacco/

I randomly stopped at a garage sale a month ago looking for a used bike.  I didn't have any cash with me, but as I wandered around, I picked up a package of Red Lion cigar bands.  Unused.  I really wanted them for the mystery stick game in TPB.  I was going to slap one on each cigar as a lark.  There were some other signage items and accessories, too.  Wish I'd gone back.  So, at any rate, from this and a few other exposures I knew a little tobacco history of my new home, but it was neat to see this article.  I might just have to do some more research, now.

Oh, and if you want a "what the" moment, read the currently only comment at the bottom of the article.
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That comment hahaha.  Cool stuff.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That comment looked like it was written by a bot
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch