Home General Discussion

Local tinder box event

NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious. Has anyone ever gone to a small time local event?

What makes me ask this is... a dude that works with me also works at tinder box in the local mall.  He is trying to get me to goto a Bradley event they are holding. After getting the details and finding out I get to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and get a cigar for $15 I'm thinking this sounds groovy. 

Now I'm wondering will I find any good deals there or is everything going to be retail cost. Should I bring cash or just spend the $15 and meet some cool guys that also smoke. Or am I getting invited to something I will regret?

To tell you the truth I like the sounds of the event, especially since I've only had a couple of AB cigars and there are tons.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

New Orleans
Proud to swim home

Mikie
"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
Tagged:

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should go.

I've been to a perdomo event. Back when I had to drive an hour to get to my closest B&M. Free admission and I got to smoke a free sample while I was there. I enjoyed the sample enough to buy a box (with free Vertigo Intimidator Quad Torch Lighter included). They didn't have a full box so they let me mix and match perdomos equal to a box. It was a fun night.

Do your homework on pricing AB products before you go. Stash some cheat sheet notes on pricing into your phone and you'll know if you're getting great deals or just regular deals. And consider the value of any freebies thrown in. 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was a Perdomo event. So far I have really enjoyed all of those that I smoked.... the mix box would have been perfect for me. Maybe I will gain new insight on some of the Bradley stogies
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the events I've been to the smokes are regular B&M price, most the deals are buy 5 get 1, 10 gets 3, box gets 5 plus some swag, a lot of the time the freebies are event only sticks plus you get to quiz the rep, sometimes even the blender might be there. 

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the events I've been to the smokes are regular B&M price, most the deals are buy 5 get 1, 10 gets 3, box gets 5 plus some swag, a lot of the time the freebies are event only sticks plus you get to quiz the rep, sometimes even the blender might be there. 

Now it sounds better. It's on Wednesday so only 2 days away.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Worst that will happen is that you eat some wings, smoke a few cigars and perhaps enjoy the company of some good ppl.  As per prices, typically if you are not into the 'freebie' event only throw-ins and likely swag, then you are likely better off giving the reps a call here at c.com as i am pretty confident that they will meet, or beat the show 'special' prices.