Home General Discussion

Has anyone else noticed...

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
that some things around here have seemed quite "Rodney-esque" lately?
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that some things around here have seemed quite "Rodney-esque" lately?
    You think? Could be I guess.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodney was a good guy and a good BOTL until....well, until he wasn't. Then he was just weird.  

Necro'ing a bunch of posts and writing "first" or some version of that is just annoying.   

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something my 10 and 7 year wouldn't even do
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Rodney Dangerfield?  Don't think I know this guy, he like the crazy uncle that pops in?
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    There's too much coherence to the strangeness to be Rodney.  And too little awkward grammar of his sort.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    dangerous territory gentlemen
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't believe the latest unusual posts are the contributions of R.B.  He always liked to dig up his own work.. Gardens, dogs, optimist/pessimist, political stuff, this is a different sort of unusual, pointless stuff.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google it.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think just an idiot. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we have a membership committee?

At least we could avoid the occasional obvious jerk kid who was raised on the internet in rude chat rooms and doesn't have any appreciation for the basic real-world manners. 

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was in the Need Your Prayers thread this morning, that 'he' posted something weird.  I was going to tell him that his flippant/stupid attitude wasn't appreciated especially since Ricky & Carla's need for prayer is very critical.  But now it seems his post has been removed...  so maybe we do have moderators after all.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    I was wondering the same thing.... Made me have a wtf moment.  
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they deleted the post maybe they also kicked him from the forum.  Maybe having Mods won't be so bad after all....

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I think it was in the Need Your Prayers thread this morning, that 'he' posted something weird.  I was going to tell him that his flippant/stupid attitude wasn't appreciated especially since Ricky & Carla's need for prayer is very critical.  But now it seems his post has been removed...  so maybe we do have moderators after all.
    Guess I missed that. Not everybody appreciates the power of prayer. Sometimes I find it hard myself and allow bad thoughts and depression to set in and take root. Please forgive me when I go off all doom and gloom.  Sometimes I forget things can always be worse. I evidently got some friends from my church worried about me and my faith. Frankly I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for all you guys rallying behind us. Love you guys!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the comments you guys had, I worded the question that way because I don't want to discredit any new members who are really interested.

Rhamlin, hang in there.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours as well.  It's hard to accept.  I think of the verse "God makes the rain fall on the righteous and the alike."  (or something like that)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to know I wasn't alone in thinking what a ....... This dude is.  I want to be the King PITA and don't want my title challenged.  :p
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    better get to work... your a long ways off from being the king
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I flagged that comment as Abuse, glad they removed it.... Wrong thread to try and be funny, and it wasn't funny at that, just stupid....