Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Looking for an action cam

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
So I have several things coming up this year that would probably be good events for a action cam. I was looking at the GoPro but they are kinda spendy. Anyone have an action cam that they use regularly? Any input or advice in the process of shopping for one would be great! Thanks in advance!
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    ThreadJacker3000ThreadJacker3000 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Go Pro ..... and the most expensive one is the best.  Hope this helped
  • Options
    LOL! Not really... ;-) I do want to get GoPro just cause I haven't heard anything about the other cameras on the market. but then again I don't want to be out an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends what you are filming and where you are filming. The gopro alows you to replay in slow motion. Film under water. There are also mounts to attach the camera to get 1st person views. The others don't tend to stay on the market over a year. I work in an electronics store and see them fold year after year. Gopro is still here and there are plenty of models to choose from...
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    My primary purpose is to have a small handheld sized camera for road trips. Something that I can mount to a dash or windshield and has a decent sized memory or can take big SD cards
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a Sony ActionCam cause the accessories are kewl.

1) I scored a housing you can nest it in whereby you flip out an LCD side screen and now you have regular camcorder

2) There's a harness you can put on your dog.

3) You can remote control the thing from your cell phone. Between this and the dog mount, now you are watching your pup chase the frisbee ... from between his floppy ears in real time. Or mount it in the tree and flip it on from your phone when a bird comes to the feeder.

4) Plus, of course, you got the weatherproof housing, helmet mounts, and all that regular stuff.

I got the camcorder housing and camera, together with extra memory, for half the price of the GoPro. This was awhile back. Best use I got out of it was actually in the camcorder housing on a tripod making cigar rolling vids.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)