Home Non Cigar Related

Liftmaster garage door remote battery drain.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Non Cigar Related
I wanted to take a shot and see if any of you have experienced this sort of problem. Liftmaster remote with one button and the new battery (CR2032) is dead after about four or five days. This has happened multiple times. A few times it lasted a few weeks but now it's just a few days before it's a dud. I thought the battery contacts were touching a transistor or a capacitor so I moved it a bit so that wouldn't touch but, it's still happening. I have not had to reprogram the opener to make the remote work, I just try a new battery and it works fine but, not for long. Unless multiple batteries from separate purchases are just duds, I don't have a clue. I have googled this particular problem but so far have not seen this specific problem addressed.  

Anybody got any ideas? 

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an issue with the remote itself that you are not seeing. Maybe excess solder somewhere or a loose strand of copper on a wire maybe. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this been going on for a long time, or just recently?  How old is the transmitter?

If you have a place nearby to buy another one so you can compare (and then return the first one is the second one works) that's an idea too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the remotes are pretty old but not obsolete. They came with the house. I don't recall how long they lasted when I first bought the house but it seems like they worked OK for a while. But, ever since I bought the first two pack of replacement batteries, they didn't last very long. And, what's really strange is it happens in both remotes. And, it seems like over time, it's just gotten worse. I've gotten all the batteries from walmart. The last ones I got was a 4-pack was supposed to be good until 2023. Maybe all walmarts batteries are duds. I could try another source for my batteries. And, I guess I could try buying one new remote to see if it lasts. Just gotta keep trying different things. I just never experienced this weird situation.