Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Torano - Casa Torano

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
I got one of these as part of a sampler.  As I smoked it, I said to myself, "I don't know much about cigars, but I sure like this one."  Though I realize how inefficient it is to buy single sticks, I made an exception just to see if the first one was a fluke.  Just smoked my second Casa Torano.  No fluke.

It's a mild, but not boring cigar.  I guess you'd say it's smooth and creamy, but it had enough zest to keep my attention.  Great golf course smoke.
Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try their 1959 Exodus 50 Year sticks too... very good.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, will this be your first box purchase? 
  • Options
    Actually, my first box was at a B&M - Fuente Curly Heads.  I've also bought a couple boxes of the Cigar.com Cuban Labels.

This said, I'm still in "cigar floozy" mode.  Probably no boxes for a while.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, I should be recieving 10 Torano Noventas in the mail any day now.  Have you tried these?
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Thanks, I should be recieving 10 Torano Noventas in the mail any day now.  Have you tried these?
    Not that I remember, but I'll give 'em a whirl sometime.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Actually, my first box was at a B&M - Fuente Curly Heads.  I've also bought a couple boxes of the Cigar.com Cuban Labels.

This said, I'm still in "cigar floozy" mode.  Probably no boxes for a while.
    Oh,........ You are not as much of a novice as I had assumed. That's what I get for assuming. 
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the Noventa, and loved them!
  • Options
    @Bob_Luken, I'm very much a novice.  My enjoyment of cigars is unsophisticated, but enthusiastic.  The sophistication may grow, but then again it may not.  As long as the enjoyment remains at a high level, I'll be good with it.  I promise that I'll never become a cigar snob...I hate pretentiousness.  

As I've said elsewhere, when I started getting into cigars, I was amazed at the variety. I've paid attention to what I consider to be reputable reviews and have tried a lot of cigars in a fairly short time.  I have a week-long guys-only golf trip next week where I'll try a whole lot more...can't wait.

I appreciate this forum and people like you who are willing to share their more seasoned POVs.  It's my job to glean the insight from these opinions.

Bottom line - I'm havin' some fun with it.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • Options
    I like your style. 
    Aficionados are overrated in my opinion.
    To me, enthusiasm is more appealing than expertise.
    I'm not that far ahead of you in my cigar education but this forum has helped me greatly. There's absolutely no way I could have learned the same by hanging out in a B&M, even if I could spare the time. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate this forum and people like you who are willing to share their more seasoned POVs.  It's my job to glean the insight from these opinions.

Bottom line - I'm havin' some fun with it.

------------

Amen to that!

Enjoy your trip

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch