Home Non Cigar Related

Fantasy Football Start/Sit talk and other info

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now that Brady is back I am torn on who to start this week.  I have Brady, Roethlisberger and Tannehill.  I'm leaning towards Brady or Ben.  Thoughts?
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady, will be out with a vengeance 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a draft right now with some friends and the first two picks where Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck.  Yeah I'm going to like taking their money :)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a TE mandatory league, draft gronk as #1 overall. No bigger disparity in any other position by a mile. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    I'm in a draft right now with some friends and the first two picks where Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck.  Yeah I'm going to like taking their money :)
    I always followed the rule that you don't draft a qb in the first round. I won twice in the last four years.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't draft a qb in the first...

....unless it's Andrew Luck.  Dude has all kinds of targets this year.  That said, I got him and Gronk (I just vomited in my mouth a little).  A little weak in RB, but I find it really hard any more to get one that is good.  Especially in this keeper league.  Luck was my keeper, btw.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    I dont draft a QB any earlier than the 4th round.  I have always done well following that rule.  QB's are a dime a dozen but RB and WR are how you win.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
       1st time doing a American fantasy football league, signed up clicked something not sure what but it threw me into the draft right then and there lol I was like ****, not knowing how it all work a co-worker and I drafted this team, came in second in week 1, its pretty fun so far. Just a odd start I thought :D
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    In a pretty deep 14 team league with 17 man rosters.  One keeper per season.

I have the aforementioned Luck and Gronk; here's the rest of my stable.

RB: Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman, C.J. Spiller (get healthy!), Andre Williams, Terrance West, Josh Robinson (I really hope Gore isn't hurt bad, though), and I sat on the unsigned and suspended Ahmad Bradshaw b/c he might be the best option for the Colts if Gore is out...and the only other RB's available are like third string on the Texans.

WR: Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker, Breshad Perriman (get healthy, too!), Leonard Hankerson, and Donte Moncrief (Colts homer, and looked good last week).

No backup TE, but I have plenty of roster space to pick up someone for the bye (stay healty, Gronk).

Justin Tucker is the K.

Bills D with Titans on backup (I'll take about anyone who has to play the AFC South 6 times and they play Houston when the Bills are resting).

That said, what with Perriman and Spiller injured, I have some pretty easy choices and some junky interchangeable junk around them.  Luck, Gronk, and Hyde combined last week to beat my opponent by 15.  Add in the rest and it was a 50 point win (second highest score in the league, with the highest getting 3.5 points or so more).

All that to say, one game in, I'm feeling alright about this team.  There might be some waiver work to do, and I haven't paid much attention to byes and backups to make sure I'm covered, yet.  I should snap up Jameis or Tyrod Taylor off of FAs to fill in for Luck, but I might wait to see how things shake out.  Heck, I could get Manziel or Fitzpatrick for a week, too.

Ahh, screw that.  I just dropped Bradshaw and got Jameis. 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    I'm torn again on the Brady starting this week.  He goes against the Bills, I have Big Ben against the 49ers or Tannehill against Jacksonville.  I feel like Brady is going to just keep going off against teams but the Bills have a pretty stout secondary.  The 9ers are also a solid defensive team however Tannehill can be up and down a lot.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Cheater, rapist, or inconsistent?  Go with the cheater.

• Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Cooks or Crabtree? with injuries and def I'm not sure?
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
    I'm a Crabtree fan if only for potential upside.  Not sure I like Cooks much at all right now.

I grabbed Dexter McCluster on waivers; mostly because he's listed at both RB and WR and so can plug in nicely for byes.  With Decker probably out, I am faced with a choice between Dex and Vincent Jackson at WR or Dex and CJ Spiller in the Flex.  I'm leaning toward Dexter on the bench in both cases, but I'm not sold on Jackson's consistency or the Saints, period.  Thoughts?

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live down here. The who dats are already blowing the dust off their brown paper bags...
    I would avoid the saints. They've gotten old with not much to revive the team.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Can't believe I'm asking this, but...

Tyrod Taylor or Andrew Luck?

What are their matchups this week?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Luck vs. JAX
    Taylor vs. Giants

Its hard to not play luck but Taylor has been performing and the Giants D is nothing too special.  I would probably play Taylor.  I can see luck just going off this week though as well and breaking out of the slump.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

That's why I'm conflicted.  Giants D stinks, but Luck has managed to put up enough points to stay respectable in each game.  I also have some concern with Luck's injury.  With Gronk on bye and a couple injuries, I just don't know if I have a cushion this week to mess up.  Nice thing is that I'm the only undefeated team in the league, so even if I lose I'm still tied for first no matter what.

I would go Luck vs Jax
    -- Winston Churchill

Your decision just became easier. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

imageabout to go tailgate. Suiting up incase Weedon  needs a back up.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    I picked a bad game to goto for me but it was an epic game. We missed Romoimageimage
    Well, the Colts pulled one out, and my fantasy team will win unless Detroit puts up record breaking fantasy numbers tonight.  I'm currently winning by 42 points and my opponent has Megatron and Abdullah.  And I did it leaving 40 points on the bench when some of my less than stellar guys outperformed some of my other less than stellar guys, but all had at least decent days.  Oh and that's without Luck or Gronk, out with injury and bye.  I'm feeling pretty good about my season.  Devonta Freeman has turned into a beast, but my hopes for Carlos Hyde are declining.

4-0, but I'll have to keep monitoring Luck since Indy plays Thursday. 

I don't really have any other roster problems this week.  I'm pretty much forced to play what I have available due to bye or injury.  CJ Spiller and Dexter McCluster aren't reliable enough to play when I have better options at RB and FLEX.  Unless I'm just done with Carlos Hyde after his last game.  Still I think Hyde gives me better chances of a big game than either of those.

edited October 2015
    5-0

Still two teams in the league at 4-1, so I don't have all that much breathing space.  I've got the highest point total in the league, but I also have the lowest points against.  Week 5 was my lowest score, yet. 

My biggest complaint about this league is the waiver structure.  Every FA returns to waivers each week.  I prefer the clear waivers once and then you're a FA until someone picks you up model.  I also like the cycling of waiver order rather than since I'm in 1st I'm last in waivers all week, but I can live with that either way if I could have gotten the guys I tried to snag who should have been free agents.

Since Taylor is out and Luck is still in limbo, I picked up Tannehill for insurance this week, dropping Perriman who may or may not play this year, I guess.  I had some hopes for the kid.

My WR2 and Flex options are my major decision this week.  Choices are:

Donte Moncrief
    Leonard Hankerson (Q)
    Ted Ginn, Jr.

C.J. Spiller
    Charles Clay

Right now I have Moncrief slotted as WR2 and Spiller in the Flex.  If Hankerson gets upgraded, I might play him.  As much as I want the Colts to win against NE, I'm not looking to Moncrief for points this week, esp. with Luck maybe hurting.  Ginn is still probably a worse option then Moncrief, though.  I don't look for Clay to do much with Taylor out.  Buffalo might be hurting this week.  I don't trust Spiller either, though.  Here's to hoping Hankerson plays.

Secondary decision: I'm considering starting Titans' D against Miami instead of Buffalo against Cincinnati. 

I would start Titans D over Buffalo.  Dalton has been putting up numbers that make it tough for D's in fantasy to do much.

As for your flex I would probably agree that Spiller is the lesser of all the evils there but none of them really look that attractive.  Anybody out on waivers you might be able to snag?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

I would start Titans D over Buffalo.  Dalton has been putting up numbers that make it tough for D's in fantasy to do much.

As for your flex I would probably agree that Spiller is the lesser of all the evils there but none of them really look that attractive.  Anybody out on waivers you might be able to snag?
    Well, any of the WRs can go in the Flex, too.  The main question is if Hankerson is all that hurt.  I'll probably risk Donte (sat him this week, thank goodness). 

Waivers stink.  Tried to get Charcandrick West and Steve Smith, Sr. but was beat in waiver priority.  Almost stashed Smith last week but I had several byes to cover and couldn't pick him up. 

With being 5-0 having an off week isnt the worst either.  If you are just struggling this week getting through some of your bye weeks you should be good then the rest of the go.

The year I played a strategy where I took most guys that shared a bye week I won the league.  Had 6 or 7 starters out one week but then just rolled the rest of the weeks.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

6-0

Barring injury news this week, I'm in a dilemma for my flex.  Three guys competing for one spot.  One faces Jax, one faces the Titans, and one faces Wash.  Each could eat up their competition.

Leonard Hankerson of the Falcons vs. Ten.
    Vincent Jackson of the Bucs vs. Wash.
    Charles Clay of the Bills vs. Jax.

Technically, C.J. Spiller and Ahmad Bradshaw could fit in the spot, too, but I don't think they're on the level of the other choices.