Home General Discussion
Options

Which weekend should the annual chicago Herf Take place

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Please vote on the weekend you would attend the herf. Please only vote if you are serious about coming, and do not plan to back out last minute. We want the most guys to attend. If you can make any of them, please don't vote, and just comment that you can make them all.

Which weekend should the annual chicago Herf Take place 7 votes

Dec 4th-6th
42%
jsnakeddubridgeNo_one21 3 votes
Dec 11th-13th
42%
bandyt09SleevePlzBigshizza 3 votes
Dec 18th-20th
0%
Move it to January
14%
jliu 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of these would work for me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im for what ever the cheapest weekend would be. Isnt Chicago in January and brutal and risk snow storms. Better yet, why not move this thing to Orlando?  B)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    @Usaf06  yes, too all the stuff above, except for moving it to Florida.  None of us except for @MVW67  is in the category to accept Social security.  plus the lounge there takes care of us
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Winter. Chicago. No more for me. Move it into Spring or Summer
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick said:
    In the future, this should be considered. I really hate traveling in the winter. So many variables from interstates being closed to flights being delayed or cancelled. I know I've never been to one of these, so discard my opinion if you want, but I had to throw it out there.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    curtpick said:
    In the future, this should be considered. I really hate traveling in the winter. So many variables from interstates being closed to flights being delayed or cancelled. I know I've never been to one of these, so discard my opinion if you want, but I had to throw it out there.
    I'm a huge fan of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" I aways cry at the end. I am a go for this one regardless of the weekend chosen. Chicago is quite friendly and warm, especially during a cold winters day!
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well if the date is changed then it would not be called a Christmas herf, for what it's worth my opinion I would say  leave it as is, worked from the start no need to changed the recipe.
  • Options
    @thedjfish@comcast.net 
    Joe has a very good point.  This has worked well in the past being a Christmas Herf.  If we wanted to change the weekend from the first weekend in December to another December weekend we could probably make it work.  But, If we dont get a significant number of people to commit to the change then it will stay the same.  Also...no one has voted...
  • Options
    Jiunncakes has voted.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Move it to January
    I was for the most part kidding about moving the dates.  Keep it as is as its part of the tradition.  Hopefully I can catch you all next year 
  • Options
    @avengethis
    Luckily @jliu  votes do not count...but thanks for voting.

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    How about we move this to Cali?
  • Options
    Eulogy said:
    How about we move this to Cali?
    Ummmm no.  Chicago winter this year is actually sounding like it will be more mild with less snow do to El Nino.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 11th-13th
    It's easier for me the 11th.. Last day of school..
  • Options
    Move it to January
    My vote is a pile of poooooo
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 4th-6th
    Dec 4th through 6th in Kansas City is my vote. We only have the world's largest cigar shop and the best BBQ right smack in the middle of the country.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Nino should just bring rain to the bay area.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    It's easier for me the 11th.. Last day of school..
    If Shizz comes I will find a way to be there.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 11th-13th
    I say don't change the date; reason is, this has become an annual thing and anyone that wants to go should make it a point to mark this weekend on their calendar. 

With that being said, I voted for the 11 - 13 as I am not available at the beginning of the month so if the date does change the 11 - 13 works much better for me.
  • Options
    So is it the 11th then?  Seems we have some votes for that.  Jsnake said the 4th if we change to Kansas city...KC is close to chicago, and chicago is a little more central for the people who have come.  So...are we setting it as the 11th?  @MVW67
    @RCY_Cigars
    @SleevePlz
    @avengethis
    @bearb

• Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    January, Florida.
  • Options
    I think that could work if you wanted to push it back a week.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 11th-13th
    I'm good with the 11th. Carrie and I always miss a work Christmas party because we are in Chicago each year at the same time as the party. So it's a win-win for us!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Yeah if we could decide in the next day or two that would be great.  My wife was contacted to do some photos the 5th and its not a ton of money and she doesnt have to do them but if we move it she will make the few extra bucks to do it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Dec 4th-6th
    I voted for the 4-6 but the 11-13 works too. Just not after.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dec 11th-13th
    Trident said:
    So is it the 11th then?  Seems we have some votes for that.  Jsnake said the 4th if we change to Kansas city...KC is close to chicago, and chicago is a little more central for the people who have come.  So...are we setting it as the 11th?  @MVW67
    @RCY_Cigars
    @SleevePlz
    @avengethis
    @bearb

What, no @bandyt09? May the Panda Express farts of @jliu permeate your Viaje humidor.........
  • Options
    Move it to January
    and the hemroids of jliu squirt all over your face!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am good with whatever
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jliu said:
    and the hemroids of jliu squirt all over your face!
    In January jllu squirt would turn into sphinkter ice and could potentially kill someone. just saying. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooooooooooo??? What's the verdict?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter