Home General Discussion
Options

humidor or humidors

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
Another odd question from a newbie. Do you guys have multiple humidors or one bigger one? I am starting to have some what of a stash of cigars and want to start keeping some around a bit longer. I only have a 50 ct humi and need more room. Thoughts? Will all the different sticks be ok today? Any help would be great!

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how much you smoke.  I have multiple larger humidors, but also a couple of coolers for long term storage.  If you are specifically trying to age a specific cigar or cigars then a separate aging cooler or humidor would work.  otherwise, a nice humidor is perfect.  But, if you think you need a 50 get a 150, if you think you need a 100ct get a 300ct, etc.  Its a slippery slope my friend
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starter cooler. (Also for use as an overflow cooler when you get a "bigga' kooola")
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-28-Quart-Performance-Cooler/23427946 

Bigger cooler. (I like this one because it's big enough but, not too big to move around by yourself if you need to keep it outta' sight, if you know what I mean. The seal is tight and the price is right.) 
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-70-Quart-Xtreme-Cooler/23795246 

• Options

Little confusing. The prices of humis are so different and as long as they keep the humidity and temp where it should be I guess the looks are the only difference?

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get you a winedor

they are on ebay and amazon
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 humi's so just get a big one now, 250-300.  And, like a garage, it's never big enough and they never hold what they say.  How many cigars do you plan on storing, then multiply that by 3, at least.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    One big humi is easier to maintain than 3-4 smaller ones. Always go bigger than what you think you need. The only exception is if you have some infused, I would get a smaller humi to store those in, away from your prized collection.
  • Options

Been doing some research and called c.c to see if they had any combo deals going on with the bigger humidors. They didn't but I talked with a gentleman that ask what I liked and looked at my account. He made a deal for me and then at the end said if he added another sampler to the order I would get 25% off the entire order which made it cheaper than ordering it without! So I have the My Fathers Anthology sampler,95 rated showcase sample and 10 Ave Maria coming with a humidor. Really enjoy doing business with these guys. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those will be a some really good sticks for you.  My Father is a great brand and I did Ave Maria as well.  I'll have to go look at what the 95 rated sampler is but I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    @genareddog - Nice deal!!!
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Good deal bro, that anthology sampler is fantastic too.  Think it's the only way to get those La Reloba's.  I've bought a few of those samplers just to get more of those.
  • Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have both. If you spend any time on this forum you will need 10x what you think. I have 125qt cooler and it is 3/4 full after 2 months.