Home Non Cigar Related
Options

When your kid wants to move out

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

My 18 year old daughter wants to move out.... very mixed emotions, my brain tells me it a right of passage, and to let her go and let life take her. my heart tells me she cant go she cant even keep her room clean, or let the dogs out on time. she cant manage money and so on. I lucky at lease she has met a friend at her new job, a young adult women with a 2 year old son, she can stay with rent free, I'm assuming help with child care is going to be included but this given my daughter a way out if it were. better option than trying to get an apartment with her friends that are unreliable. I want to make this a positive experience for everyone, I'm afraid if we make it a negative one then she will not want to come around and be apart of the family.

got any advice or stories to help easy this transition.

P.S my co-works just told me they always come back lol   

The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well I can imagine your feelings here, but what exactly is the downside? I mean, she´s going to have to learn those things at some point, and if she´s not learning them at home then that means that obviously she´ll have to do it somewhere else. Probably not what you want to hear, but that´s my $0.02
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨