Home Non Cigar Related

Sunday's Supermoon & Eclipse

jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are you gonna sit out with a stick and watch?

Sounds like a good night. Gotta think about what stick I am gonna enjoy...

-Jay
“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vherf! We should have a Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Vherf!

Who's in?

According to my googling, the shadow of the earth should begin crossing the moon at 9:07 PM Central time and should fully cover the moon about an hour later. Then the full shadow eclipse should last about an hour and twenty minutes before the shadow moves on and reveals the moon again. It's not as dramatic as a solar eclipse but still pretty cool. 

Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 9:07 PM Eastern time
    Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 8:07 PM Central time
    Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 7:07 PM Mountain time
    Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 6:07 PM Pacific time

(These times may not be precise. I just quickly adjusted for the time zones. Feel free to correct any errors I may have committed.)  
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn the herf sounds good but I'll be working.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rain
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have company over but try to get on

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    If it isn't stormy, I am thinking of schlepping a couch out to the yard. 

I hope it is as good as it is being hyped to be!
    It was enjoyable. Caught up with a good friend, sat and watched the moon for 3 hours, nice evening!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I totally frickin' forgot about it. Oh, well, there's always 2033....
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    :/ It was cloudy in PA, I saw nothing
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudy here to. Pretty bummed about it. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was working a detail outside and all I saw was clouds. And somehow Patrick, Steve, and Mike's faces.... Weird. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to see some of it before the clouds took over.  Pretty cool to watch, thinking about the Sun, the Earth, the shadow on the moon, and the vastness of the universe.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain