Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A special day

onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Non Cigar Related

Today is a special day for me, I may go into more detail later (or I may not)

Today is the day that means more to me than any other day of the year, including Christmas, My anniversary or birthdays, for without today none of those days would have any real meaning.

Today is a day of reflection, of change, of hope and sharing.

Nine years ago today, I had put myself in a position where only two possible options existed and neither one would be pleasant. Option A was to continue along the path I was already on, blotting out the consciousness of my intolerable situation as best I could.                                             Option B was to accept that my life was not working and attempt to start completely over.                                                                                                                                               Either way I was going to have to face the consequence's of my actions.

I choose B, it turns out that this is by far the harder of the two. It flat out sucks when you find out that a lot of your core beliefs were wrong.    

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay strong brother!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say 'special' so I'm thinking it sounds celebratory. If this is the case, light up a good one. 
  • Options
    You say 'special' so I'm thinking it sounds celebratory. If this is the case, light up a good one. 
    Starting with this
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Stay strong brother!!

Yep, doing my best.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nathan, you are a good dude. Glad to get to know you here. 

You made the right choice. 

I went through a transmogrification, nearly five years ago this time of year. Fall is a season of change in many ways for me, and I suspect it will always be a season for recollection, reflection, and focus on knowing the self. 

Again, glad to know you. I will smoke one for you tonight, bro

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some anniversaries are good, some anniversaries are not so good. One thing anniversaries will always be and that is something in the past. Each day we have is a gift. Live for today and learn from yesterday.
  • Options
     No regrets, I cannot change the past and I cannot see the future, I live for today.  
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your day is going well. 
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    That looks tasty! Have a great day, Nathan.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Book says to rejoice with those who rejoice, so we rejoice with you that you made the hard choice and it sounds like it was the right decision/right path.  What great celebration sticks!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Nate!  I hope you have many, many more of these anniversaries to celebrate! 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grandpa use to say that "today is the first day of the rest of your life." 

Be grateful and gracious everyday. Nothing else much matters. 

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."