Home General Discussion
Options

Lunar Eclipse Vherf

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
Vherf! We should have a Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Vherf! (I re posted this so it would have it's own thread headline and y'all would think about joining in ahead of time.) Who's in? According to my googling, the shadow of the earth should begin crossing the moon at 9:07 PM Central time and should fully cover the moon about an hour later. Then the full shadow eclipse should last about an hour and twenty minutes before the shadow moves on and reveals the moon again. It's not as dramatic as a solar eclipse but still pretty cool.  Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 9:07 PM Eastern time Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 8:07 PM Central time Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 7:07 PM Mountain time Partial Eclipse begins Sep 27 at 6:07 PM Pacific time (These times may not be precise. I just quickly adjusted for the time zones. Feel free to correct any errors I may have committed.)  

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try my best to be on...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are socked in with a low overcast, so there'll be no viewing the eclipse tonight.  :-(
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    A-hem!,.......Vherfing is not affected by cloud cover. I'll turn my laptop towards the sky if it'll make any of you feel better. 
  • Options
    No eclipse visible for me except for a live feed on YouTube. Oh well, I'm enjoying Vherf regardless. 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    moon
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fellas, I ended up having company over. I had the first Gurkha that I liked (cellar reserve...cannot remember for the life of me who sent it!), and a bowl of captain black

Apologies on flaking out on you
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    We had a nice crowd. Can't wait for the next Blood Moon Eclipse. See you in 2033.