Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Rear window defrost

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in Non Cigar Related

Looking to get one for my mustang.... any suggestions? Im thinking something like the simple heating lines arcross the back window.... but I don't know if I would like it visually. Its the most cost effective option though.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you pick a OEM one from a wrecking yard? you'll be happier with it in the long run, IMHO

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options

I should have mentioned that my mustang is a 1966... lol I don't think I will come across one in a wrecking yard.

There are options that have vents and fans... but its over $500 for a whole setup and that doesn't include install. :-(

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought of this now... evidently, you park outside with no shelter, i.e. carport, right?

What about one of those windshield covers, the ones that sit on the outside of the glass and attach with magnets or clips.  If you could adapt one for the rear window, and just toss in the trunk or back seat before driving off, that may be a solution...  somewhat low-rent, and it would be a hassle to put on every night, but way cheaper.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    That's an idea... I will have to look into that!
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, a 66! 

Yeah, that would be an impossibility finding an OEM in a wrecking yard, lol.

Sounds like a cool ride! Trying to remember if you posted earlier this year about losing a wheel -- was that your post Chris?

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Nice, a 66! 

Yeah, that would be an impossibility finding an OEM in a wrecking yard, lol.

Sounds like a cool ride! Trying to remember if you posted earlier this year about losing a wheel -- was that your post Chris?

LMFAO! Yeah that was me! she is home and healthy (except for some additional brake adjustments that need to be done)
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I have installed the aftermarket rear defroster a in the past.  A bit of a chore and you need to be careful not to tear the element, but they work once in.  Lines are a bit more prominent than factory units and you need a switch wired somewhere also,
  • Options
    I think my biggest issue in the morning is... I have to take my daughter to school... and she breaths A LOT! Other than that its never an issue! lol
  • Options
    Any pics of the Stang?  Here's my 67 
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pross said:
    Any pics of the Stang?  Here's my 67 

Nice convertible 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    I just made a bit of a mess in my pants... That's a gorgeous car! Gimme a sec and Ill post a pic of the stang. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweet!!!!

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Beauty. 289?
  • Options
    Nope. its the 200 straight 6. It needs a 289. lol
  • Options
    Absolutely love the color.  Very classic look.
  • Options
    pross said:
    Absolutely love the color.  Very classic look.

Thanks! I wish i could claim responsibility for it but i cant. lol

That is the same color body and top scheme that I wanted for my first car (also a '66 stang) This one popped up on craigslist and I had to jump on it. :-)