Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Who lives in Maryland and wants to help with genealogical work?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
As the title requests.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Dull-Aware. Merryland is right next door. In fact, I dodge into Merryland twice a week to play handball.

But Merryland stretches way out west, way south on what they call the Eastern Shore...  PM me where you need someone to go. Any flimsy excuse to ride my Indian Scout, ya know.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Office is 4.5 miles from the line, and I'm down there regularly.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options

So this is what im trying to get my hands on. I have my ancestry traced all the way back to 1677 when the Graham's (of my line anyway) immigrated to the US from Scotland. I have looked online for immigration records for  1670-1680 online and cant find crap. I don't know where to find or what it will cost (which almost any amount of money will be worth it for me.... well reasonably lol) to get those records. I will do a bit of research and try to figure out where the records might be kept and let you guys know if its something that needs to be researched in person.

Thanks in advance!

• Options
    Before I send anyone on a wild goose chase... I think I should try to track down someone with a full Ancestry.com subscription. There might be records on there of the immigration logs... but I don't want to spend $20 to get it myself! lmao!
  • Options

I spend hours working on online looking for the book I need with the information on the first Grahams (in my line) to enter the US. I was very discouraged when I couldn't find it anywhere near me.... I went back online and searched our Central Library...... ITS THERE!!!!! Im going to the library this weekend!

Not sure what info it will have but I am trying to not get my hopes up.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the first Grahams in America were Florida cattlemen. Hence the Graham cracker.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    I hear they dealt in corn
  • Options
    or fresh pepper