Home General Discussion
Options

The tin combo

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
Any thoughts about the tin samples? Looks really good to me, but just a little bit expensive.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Looks legit, the only one I haven't tried is the Padron. The Davidoff Nicaraguan is excellent. I think if you check the price of each tin and compare it to the sampler price it's a decent deal.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a look except I don't know exactly what to look for. I did a search for "Tin Combo" on the main site but,......... What are we talkin' about exactly?

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    I'd take a look except I don't know exactly what to look for. I did a search for "Tin Combo" on the main site but,......... What are we talkin' about exactly?

It's a deal that was flashing on the front page amigo.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mikey. So I assume we are talkin' about this one. 

http://www.cigar.com/samplers/96459/tin-man-cigarillo-sampler/?slide=3

Looks good. I might try these for some drive time smokes. 

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Good selection of small smokes.  I love the Padron Maduro Cortico.  Can't smoke 'em as fast as you naturally want to, though.  I suspect the rest are the same.  The Davidoff's look sexy and the others look pretty good.  I haven't smoked anything except the Padron in the past, though.  i just bought the sampler a while ago to get ready for winter and thought it was a good deal to try some different small cigars.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like cigarillos quite a bit. 

I have tried: Camacho, RyJ red, Davidoff club, Davidoff Nicaraguan, Montecristo memories, La Perla black and tan, Alta Gracia panatela natural, as well as some gas station sticks. 

I recently nabbed some Fuente cubanitos, and Cohiba red dots.

Any of the name brand stuff is going to be good.

Those Excaliburs are on my list.

I must confess, the two Padron sticks I have smoked in my limited experience (>12 months) did not live up to the hype surrounding them. I am a skeptic of Casa Padron (apologies, and if I offend with my troglodyte opinion, double apologies!!).

-Jay

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Not me. Last Padron I smoked was not what I hoped for. But those maduros have good flavor packed in a little form.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Thx Martel, I may need to give them a try
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the padrons and they are a not too bad smoke for a quikie.  I cannot speak on the rest of them but those davidoff nicaraguans look tasty.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Hoyo's were good...just tried one yesterday on the way in to work.  I have around a 15 minute drive and smoked slow.  Didn't even make it halfway through.  I was streeeeeetching it out, though and flavors were great.

• Options
    Bob_Luken said:

Yep that's the one brurha.
    If you like that size the petite tatuaje rock!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:

Yep that's the one brurha.
    If you like that size the petite tatuaje rock!
  • Options
    Bumping this one for the poor shlubs (like me) stuck in higher latitudes and looking for a quicker smoke these colder months.

Had a Padron Corticos Maduro last night, smoked it slow (~45 mins, fugeddaboutit) and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Bundle up! If you can, treat yo self and get a 'ball heater' as someone called them a while back (a propane radiant heater), snag a cortico, a splash of Blanton's, some music, and get your arse out for a smoke.