Home General Discussion
Options

What are your favorite Cigar/Spirit pairings?

Here are some I have enjoyed...

Padron 1926 Natural & Barbancourt 5 Star Rum

My Father Le Bijou 1922 & Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon

Oliva Series O  & Partida Anejo Tequila

Bonus - non-spirit pairing:

Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta with Café Con Leche

What are your favorite pairings?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is usually cigar/bourbon or cigar/scotch or cigar/craft beer  :p
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ What he said.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On non-drinking days, I enjoy pairing my cigars with water.  :p
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CigarJediCigarJedi Posts: 8
    peter4jc said:
    Great choice!   On those non drinking days.  
  • Options
    WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Cigar & Rum

Cigar & Coffee

That is all......

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bourbon and cigars work for me

Beer and cigars. Sometimes
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Cigar & Coffee mostly. Other times its a good craft beer and on those rare occasions it's Jack & water
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    On non-drinking days......
    These words do not compute.  Trying to comprehend....
    googling this....

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Recently I've found ginger beer goes excellent with a strong spicy smoke. The bite from the ginger really complements those kind of sticks well. You can add a finger or two of stoly or ketel 1 for a little more kick. Other than that I love cold brewed coffee with a bit of chicory, whole milk, and a teaspoon of cane sugar to take away any bitterness. It delicious.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anejo and Bourbon.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Peter, have you tried a nice cup of black tea w/ a cigar? I have recently been made aware of the deliciousness there

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I have actually become pretty fond of pairing with root beer. 
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    blutattoo said:
    Recently I've found ginger beer goes excellent with a strong spicy smoke. The bite from the ginger really complements those kind of sticks well. You can add a finger or two of stoly or ketel 1 for a little more kick. Other than that I love cold brewed coffee with a bit of chicory, whole milk, and a teaspoon of cane sugar to take away any bitterness. It delicious.
    Try making a Dark and Stormy; substitute rum and some lemon juice for the vodka in the ginger beer and you have a delicious drink!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    @CigarJedi
    First of all, welcome to the forums! Second of all, I heartily second your pairing of the JDN Cabinetta and a café con leche - absolutely one of my favorite combinations. Now, try that with the addition of a chocolate souffle a la mode, and you will experience utter bliss.

As for your original question, I really enjoy the Perdomo2 habano with a tawny port, but I couldn´t tell you one in particular off the top of my head.  
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays said:

As for your original question, I really enjoy the Perdomo2 habano with a tawny port, but I couldn´t tell you one in particular off the top of my head.  
    +1 to the pairing with Port! Fortified wine, for the win!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch