Home Non Cigar Related

Bob Saget

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Robert Lane "BobSaget is an American stand-up comic, actor, and television host. His television roles include Danny Tanner on Full House(1987–95) and hosting America's Funniest Home Videos  from 1989 to 1997.

- Wikipedia

Saget is also known for his repeated, relentless and subtly emphatic reminders to the world that he is nothing like his TV persona, and will most likely go to his grave using his last dying breath imploring us all to know that he is a filthy, filthy
, foul-mouthed comic.

- Me

Comments

• WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    For a minute I thought he had died ....
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a minute I thought he had died ....
    Ha, I didn't realize it looked like an obituary. It kinda' does. I just saw him on the tube again and once more, as always, he reminds us how "blue" he is. 
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Saw a commercial for some new show Stamos is in, damn does that dude ever age??
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Saget's greatest trick on the world was convincing people he is wholesome.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Saget is also well known for not being funny at all, no matter how foul-mouthed his routines are. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If memory serves, the "foul-mouthed = funny" syndrome started back in the days of Richard Pryor. In his early period that man was the epitome of 'funny'. Some of his routines were epic. 

Then something happened to him. I don't know what it was but for quite a while it was similar to what happened to Sinatra's voice. Nothing Pryor said or did was funny. Next thing you know, whether out of frustration, desperation, I don't know what, but he started using the 'f' word on stage. And simultaneously he began using the 'race' card. And he began to get a reaction from his audience. 

Evidently, shock value worked in his favor. He began to regain some of his popularity but only with a certain segment of them. To me, and others like me, he was just repugnant. And today's crop of wannabe comedians or other entertainers who use the 'potty-mouth' technique are all losers in my book. I find nothing funny in what they do. 
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss George Carlin.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy said:
    I miss George Carlin.
    George was one of the few who could get lewd and still be funny. RIP George.... B)
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sam Kinison was the best!
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My favorite Sam Kinison joke (maybe my favorite joke of all time). Paraphrasing. 

Mary comes to Joseph and says, 'I"m pregnant.'

Surprised, Joseph says, "But we haven't consummated our marriage."

Mary says, "An angel came to me in the night and seeded me with the Son of God."

Joseph rubs his head and walks around. "Son of God. Son of God. Okay I accept that. But let me make this clear: He'd better be the ONLY Son of God, got it?"