Home General Discussion

Padilla 1968

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
First the Habano came back, now the 1968.  (today's Daily Deal)  How great is that?  I thought Ernesto had lost his mind when they stopped making these, although I suppose they just lost income. 
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yep, love the ´68! Nice to see on the DD today...man, I´m looking forward to being able to pick me up some DD´s again soon :)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    He stopped selling them because he felt that his brand was being undervalued due to all the discounts.  So, he took them off the market and put out new blends.  So, a cigar a few years ago that you could get for $3 - $5 now costs $9+.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how true it is but I heard that the 'reappeared' 68 is a different blend than the original. Did anyone else hear that?
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard that but I really haven't been keeping up with it.  My favorite was the 48.  It "was" cheaper than the 68 and 32 but now seems to be more.  I won't be buying any lately anyway.  The money I get to spend on cigars now makes me be very picky with what I get.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    I don't know how true it is but I heard that the 'reappeared' 68 is a different blend than the original. Did anyone else hear that?
    Smokes a lot like I remember, if they made a change, it worked.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain