Home Non Cigar Related

M1 license

2»

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo said:
    Thanks brother. I'm super excited. It may be 40 degrees out but I'm going for a ride right now!
    Perfect temps for motor break in!

Unless I am completely mis-reading it, that scoot looks new!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    blutattoo said:
    Thanks brother. I'm super excited. It may be 40 degrees out but I'm going for a ride right now!

Yeah, it's new. Triumph dealer had this color in stock for over a year so they marked it down $2500. 2015 Bonneville T100 for $6800. My wife convinced me to buy new with a warranty. Hard to argue when she says it's ok to spend a few bucks extra. Now I just gotta find a better sounding exhaust and I'm all good.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is  just lovely.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    That's one good looking bike. Those classic looks are timeless. Great deal too. Congrats!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo said:
    jarubla said:
    blutattoo said:

Yeah, it's new. Triumph dealer had this color in stock for over a year so they marked it down $2500. 2015 Bonneville T100 for $6800. My wife convinced me to buy new with a warranty. Hard to argue when she says it's ok to spend a few bucks extra. Now I just gotta find a better sounding exhaust and I'm all good.
    Be careful with the "better sounding exhaust" idea. These modern bikes are tuned so lean that you don't have a lot of room to play with. Back pressure from the exhaust must match the intake, sort of thing. Had a young feller down the street drilled out the baffles on his crotch rocket to make more noise, burnt his valves in consequence. There goes your warranty. On the one side, you have your Hardly Ablesons and their clones, built to wake the baby and be shiny (not unlike fishing lures, rattle and shine). On the other hand you have everything else built for performance. Unless you're all up into performance mods, power commanders. ECU flashing, and such ... don't do it.

Triumph forums may have better info and proven methods.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp bike.. 
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    @webmost You are correct any exhaust must be accompanied by a tune of the ECU. The dealer is willing to do it without any warranty repercussions for a flat $140. They will sell me the exhaust, but I have to install it myself since this is California and we are pansies when it comes to loud bikes. British Customs makes a set of pea-shooters that look close to stock and sound great. Not to loud to annoy my neighbors, but something I can hear. Right now the stock exhaust makes hardly any noise. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ya love all them California laws? Lol
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking bike! Congratulations on your purchase...and @webmost I take offense to your harley comment  ;)