Home General Discussion
Options

First box purchase

Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
 Well actually two boxes. Should have put this in the what did you get today thread but I am pretty stoked about these.  Now I forced myself to make a coolador tomorrow.  Between these the opus x me and @matkn293  box split plus what I have and the buying binge I have been on I am loaded up.  Back on topic.
what was your first box purchase?

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva Melanio v. Still one of my favorites. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatuaje lancero sampler. I cannot bring myself to break the seal, lol
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was a box of Arturo Fuente Solaris.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Triple A! On Sprint Sale for $45!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuesta-Rey, Stanford's Cameroon Reserve, Pyramid # 9.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 Natural in January 2008. Still have 2 cigars out of it left.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matkn293 said:
    Oliva Melanio v. Still one of my favorites. 
    Me too!!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron 85 maduros couldn't help myself 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man O War Ruination. FTW.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar.com Brazilian label...minus the box. They sold me 20 singles for the box price since the boxes were not in stock @ the time. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar.com Brazilian label...minus the box. They sold me 20 singles for the box price since the boxes were not in stock @ the time. 
    So...you had a Brazilian, 20x?

Ouch

Wax.jpg 61.2K
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't bought a box yet!  LOL. Just call me Mr. 5'er. One of these days, one of these days...   :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine was a box of Obsidian double perfectos .Still have the box!

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    ol_smokey1ol_smokey1 Posts: 26
    The local B&M was going out of business this past summer so a lot of goodies were on sale. My buddy and I split a box of artuto fuente gran reserva maduros. Boy was that a let down! I only was able to smoke 2 because they were dried out. Tried bringing them back up to humidity to no avail. Only arturo fuente I've had and I was pretty disappointed I wasted so much money. It's a shame but I can't bring myself to buy another fuente after that. Sorry for being such a downer haha! Hope your purchase treats you well
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your issues. I myself have had no issues with any fuente line. I am wondering if the B&M had something to do with it. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely blame the b&m over AF
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I would definitely blame the b&m over AF

I agree here.  I've smoked far more Fuentes cigars than any other cigar line, and never had a bad one.  I'm talking hundreds. Perhaps the B & M slipped in the attentiveness of the conditions the cigars were being stored in, it would be unfair to blame AF for that.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a cigar that was totally dried out, since I've only been smoking/storing cigars for 18 months, but I was under the impression that given enough time and proper humidification cigars could be brought back to life.  ?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    ol_smokey1ol_smokey1 Posts: 26
    Ah, I wasn't trying to imply that the fuente line constructs poor cigars--I whole heartedly agree it was most likely the B&M who neglected proper care/storage.  I was simply saying because of the experience, I haven't bought one since, which is a shame because I've heard a lot of great things.  Those H. Uppmans always catch me first though..

I tried for about 6 months, but I just couldn't bring any life back to them.  It's not a big deal...you win some, you lose some.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Always remember your first box, or boxes, lol.  Actually I bought 2 as well, 5-Vegas Classic and MOW Virtue.  Had never smoked a premium before just jumped in with those.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My First box?  Oh my goodness, I've no idea, that would have been > 30 years ago.  My first box here was either Perdomo Reserve Maduro (?), no longer made, or Gurkha Park Ave., which led me to a number of regrettable Gurkha purchases.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    My first box was AF 858 maduro. I was single living in Orlando FL in an appartment all by myself and I smoked every single one inside. Ah those were the days!  
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    UC UNDERCROWNS! Man I was so anxious getting a box, and I knew that no matter what I could always pick up an undercrown and enjoy it. Worth having 20 of them, and I got a great deal.