Home General Discussion
Options

Is it just me....?

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
The last few San Lotano Ovals I've smoked all seem to have the same minor construction issue - they tend to burn crookedly, requiring occasional touch-ups to even them out. 

Has anyone else noticed this?  

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a couple recently with no problems, but they were coronas. Less room for error, I guess.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    There larger ring cigars are actually easier to roll. More wiggle room on the roll. If one spot of the cigar is constructed then another spot isn't to make up for it. 
    Not so much on a small ring gage. 
    The longer and thine a cigar is the harder it is to ensure that a good draw will be there. Any slight twists in a small ring and the draw is gone. 
  • Options
    Well, Hi, Matt. Glad to see you're still around and I hope things develop such that we might see ya more often. 

With regard to the San Lotano Oval and the odd burning characteristics I've recently noticed that the LHC Core sticks that I have are burning quite similar to the Ovals. And both are fairly flat box-pressed. Maybe that's a factor as well...
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone run into the same with the Nortenos?

Just curious
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Anyone run into the same with the Nortenos?

Just curious
    Don't believe I've ever tried a Norteno....  :|