Home General Discussion
Options

Chicago Herf Idea

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there Herf attenders.... I believe that we should say "thank-you" to Chitown for such an awesome event. Is there a way we can come together and make a donation toward a local charity? The reason I go to Chicago is to hang with great people and we already bring our cigars and alcohol. I would like to see something go toward the homeless or kids or maybe toys for tots...? Just an idea.. What do you think? Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In like flint. 
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chalupa and I are in.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea Jim. Maybe one of the guys that knows the owner of CdM could see if there is a charity they are involved with. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in bro..great idea.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!
  • Options
    Anybody have ideas?  I would like to try and keep whatever we do to something in the Chicago area.  If we cant find something I work with a few things in my local area that we could help out, but again I would like to see it stay in the Chicago area.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    I think a silent auction maybe on 5vrs? Could be an idea
  • Options
    SleevePlz said:
    Great idea Jim. Maybe one of the guys that knows the owner of CdM could see if there is a charity they are involved with. 
    Maybe Rome could speak to Sam?
  • Options
    If nothing else, there is the Walmart there in Countryside, right down from the Best Western / Holiday Inn. We can go in there and payoff a layaway or two or three; play a true Secret Santa. I just have to say that they need to have TOYS on layaway so we will be helping kids.
  • Options
    Chalupa said the same thing Todd
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Chalupa said the same thing Todd
    I've always liked Chalupa..........Brad, you're ok in my book too  :) you neefd any old cigars?
  • Options
    I'm good
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea Jim. How can I help?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015

secret santa would fine Walmart or something, im doing some thing for a 2 of my daughters friends.

• Options
    I know Walmart has a layaway deadline but I am getting in on the 9th so I can pop by on the the 9th or 10th and do something and then get "contributions" when we all get together Saturday night.  
  • Options

secret santa would fine Walmart or something, im doing some thing for a 2 of my daughters friends.

Good for you Joe. I'm now at an age that doing for others is so much more satisfying. I'm not "rich" by any means but my family does not "need". At this time of the year I am so thankful I can do for others.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09 said:

Good for you Joe. I'm now at an age that doing for others is so much more satisfying. I'm not "rich" by any means but my family does not "need". At this time of the year I am so thankful I can do for others.

well its sorta came at a somewhat bad timing, we have a lot going on in the home, from refi'ing, to some repairs that should of been done like 50yrs on the home,

but we'll will work it out

• Options
    bandyt09 said:

well its sorta came at a somewhat bad timing, we have a lot going on in the home, from refi'ing, to some repairs that should of been done like 50yrs on the home,

but we'll will work it out

Joe 
    Some of the best things I've done have come at, what I thought was bad timing, but in the in long term, it happened at just the right time.

Sorry I missed you meeting you last yearyear, I won't let it happen this year.
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm down for some contribution. Glad to help whenever I can.

and just an FYI - on vherf last night, @avengethis was saying that he is really low on smokes.........

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm down for whatever.  i will speak to same and mike, and even a few other people I know in chicago.  I do like the Secret Santa Idea at walmart, or whatever other stores etc.  Lets get this to happen
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @skydiverD you are full of sh$t.  

If we could find a homeless shelter or something like that we could all chip in money and go buy a bunch of clothes and necessities and bring them to those in need?

I know @Chalupa_Batman was looking for something to do on Saturday for awhile (we could maybe send the ladies out to do some shopping)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    • I had this idea for awhile, but havnt worked out the details...
    • everyone brings a gift basket filled mostly with 'local' or unique things from their area...
    • everyone can buy raffle tickets, put them into a cup in front of said basket
    • at 10 pm we drawn the tix. 

• We could open it up to ppl at casa as well to allow them to donate and or buy tix, since all the prizes are donated by us...
    • and the money raised by ticket sales can goto a local (yet to b determined) charity.  

• Gift basket ideas could include: beer, cheese, local meat, sauces, spices, candy, or even cigar related things like cigars, cutters, lighters, etc. 

feel free to trash this idea, or tweak it, or....but if u can bring a basket of stuff...please try.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how I'd bring anything extra with just a backpack. I'm not checking bags...
  • Options
    We all should go to Walmart stinking of cigars and liquor and spread the love!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Since my basket raffle idea got no love, and it's fight night saturday....perhaps it's better to wait for next year. Then if ppl wanna participate, they can send it to roman ahead, and we can drive it in with us. That is if ppl wanna do it. 

• Options
    This year with it probably being crazy while we are there on Saturday I say if people want to donate some money we go pay off a layaway or two or whatever or something along those lines.

I do like your basket idea its just a bit short notice I think to try and get something like that pulled together.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!