Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

5 years ago today

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
I put in my first day as an associate doctor at Monroe Chiropractic Associates. It is the most time I've spent in one place and will hold that title for another 5 years, 1 month and 1 day at least (as far as I know as of now). For my years of hard work and the over $1.28 million I've brought into the place, I received no recognition, no thanks. no acknowledgement. While I will be sad to leave, I know greater things lie ahead.

That being said, there's a fiver up for grabs for my 5 year anniversary. Share a story, any story. Could be your 'I've been screwed by my boss' story, your 'Chiropractic' story, or anything else you wish to share. No random number generator. Entertain me and you will be rewarded. Go!
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the last company company I worked for transferred me to another location that was not as lucrative as my previous location plus it was way farther away from my house.  After about a month of being there and my income down I talked to the owners about my situation, I asked if their plan was too keep me at that location or transfer me back to my original location.  I was told that they moved me to boost sales (I was the top salesmen at my original location) and they wanted me to stay where I was.  I informed them that it was not working out and if their plan is for me to not go back than I would have to seek employment elsewhere where I can make the money I used to, or better.  I was told to do what I have to do.  Well a few days after this chat I was offered a full time position at my part time fun job.  My title would be facility supervisor with a salary very close to what I was making, annual raises, and full benefits.  I accepted the offer and the next day I called the owners and let them know what transpired the night before, and put in my two weeks.  I made sure all my deals were taken care of and left on good terms.  I was not happy at first with how they treated me, but it sure did work out in the end for me.  I love my job, and working my 40 to 45 hours a week is way better than the 60+ I was working.  Sorry for the lengthy read.  Thank you for the contest.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Well, I left this open long enough. Fiver going out to the winner, by default, @Patrickbrick! If you would be so kind as to PM me confirmation of your addy, I'll get your winnings out ASAP.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good choice Eric
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I work for an amazing company now. So my awful previous company can goto hell! 
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
    Very surprised no one else posted here.  Thank you for the contest, very kind of you sir.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have filled a page up with the direction things have gone at my job recently. I just forgot about coming back to the thread. Oh well, half of it would have been censored anyway.
    Hahaha perhaps you should post that any way.
    MOW badge received.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I just recently got over the the whole year of work that I endured in 2014, which caused me to leave my department. I'm trying to focus on the positive so I didn't want to post all of that up. It was so bad I was considering a lawsuit.

Thanks for the contest though. Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Apparently @jsnake felt sorry me because this arrived today. Surprised you had any left Jake. Much appreciated!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo Eric,

I may be wrong here, but I think that is a bomb from @UseAsDirected sent by @jsnake

Fellas, can you confirm?

-Jay

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    Yo Eric,

I may be wrong here, but I think that is a bomb from @UseAsDirected sent by @jsnake

Fellas, can you confirm?

-Jay

I would guess you're right! Apologies @UseAsDirected! I haven't been very active lately. Now that message makes slightly more sense. Still not sure what to make of the topless rendezvous...
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very surprised no one else posted here.  Thank you for the contest, very kind of you sir.
    I could've posted my home invasion story from 5 years ago as of late November, but I wanted you to win.  :blush: 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Haha, @ejgorman I bought some cigars off @jsnake and had them sent to you :p He may have warped my note a bit....but it does sound fun  ;)
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
    Well that settles it, no more posting at night when I am trying to get my daughter back to sleep.
    MOW badge received.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice going UseAsDirected.
    Well Eric decided to destroy my mailbox this Christmaseve.  Thank you very much for the amazing selection.  I am truly blown away, there are a few that I have been wanting to try for some time.  Thank you! 

MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn fine selection!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice E! Enjoy Pat
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that is a hell of a lineup
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    A few of my absolute favorites in there. Enjoy!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Thank you again, I have never had a Davidoff, but have really been contemplating picking a few up.  Now I get to try one, I appreciate that.  A truly amazing selection, thank you.
    MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you again, I have never had a Davidoff, but have really been contemplating picking a few up.  Now I get to try one, I appreciate that.  A truly amazing selection, thank you.
    Love the Nicaraguan... great stick
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter