Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Bad night at work

Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
Lost a young adult at work tonight, ran a Code on him ended up shocking him 3 times and hitting him with drugs, got him back at one point but EMS went to transfer him out they had to begin CPR again, got word he had passed at the hospital. sad day for all involved, always an uneasy feeling working on someone younger than you. hard being a Nurse sometimes.  
The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is indeed rough. I am sorry. 

Thank you for your service
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad there are a ton more happy endings at my job than Sad endings. 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone say happy endings 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost a young adult at work tonight, ran a Code on him ended up shocking him 3 times and hitting him with drugs, got him back at one point but EMS went to transfer him out they had to begin CPR again, got word he had passed at the hospital. sad day for all involved, always an uneasy feeling working on someone younger than you. hard being a Nurse sometimes.  
    I feel you.  Been there, kid looked familiar, turned out he was in my son's HS class.  Threw a PE, went into V-tach, and there was just no getting him back.  Everyone said that he'd been a nice guy.  You never know what's next. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the tough part of the job.  Hang in there.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those seem to be the ones that bother you the most, relish the ones you helped to save. It's a tough gig.