Home Non Cigar Related
Options

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I've been a cop for 30 years.  I've found that if a person is going to break the law, he really doesn't care if guns are against the law!

WHAT????? Criminals don't obey laws??????
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I've been a cop for 30 years.  I've found that if a person is going to break the law, he really doesn't care if guns are against the law!
    Well, jeeze, I guess that shoots the liberals plan all to h3ll, doesn't it....??    B)
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "National Fraternal Order of Police President Chuck Canterbury recently wrote the NFL with an interesting request: “Today, I am writing on behalf of the members of the Fraternal Order of Police to urge you to rescind this policy, which weakens the safety and security of NFL players, personnel and fans.” What is “this policy”? The one banning concealed carry permit holders the ability to carry firearms at NFL games, which was once up to teams and stadiums until the league passed its own ban in 2014. The letter continued, “The terrorist attacks and threats of attacks from organizations like the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) are selecting targets based on the amount of death and injury they can inflict — mass murder and casualty events. Well-attended venues and areas are being deliberately targeted by the radical killers who do not intend or expect to survive the assault. Law enforcement, even when working actively with highly trained and skilled security professionals, cannot be certain that all threats will be detected and neutralized.” Therefore, requested Canterbury, the NFL should allow at least retired and off-duty law enforcement officers to carry firearms at games. Of course, the NFL is unlikely to grant the request given the growing fear mongering about guns."

from the Patriot Post
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    YankeeMan said:
    Well, jeeze, I guess that shoots the liberals plan all to h3ll, doesn't it....??    B)

liberals have the best leftovers
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    "National Fraternal Order of Police President Chuck Canterbury recently wrote the NFL with an interesting request: “Today, I am writing on behalf of the members of the Fraternal Order of Police to urge you to rescind this policy, which weakens the safety and security of NFL players, personnel and fans.” What is “this policy”? The one banning concealed carry permit holders the ability to carry firearms at NFL games, which was once up to teams and stadiums until the league passed its own ban in 2014. The letter continued, “The terrorist attacks and threats of attacks from organizations like the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) are selecting targets based on the amount of death and injury they can inflict — mass murder and casualty events. Well-attended venues and areas are being deliberately targeted by the radical killers who do not intend or expect to survive the assault. Law enforcement, even when working actively with highly trained and skilled security professionals, cannot be certain that all threats will be detected and neutralized.” Therefore, requested Canterbury, the NFL should allow at least retired and off-duty law enforcement officers to carry firearms at games. Of course, the NFL is unlikely to grant the request given the growing fear mongering about guns."

from the Patriot Post
    I attending a preseason Bucs game a couple years ago and had my pistol on me (I am full time LEO). The deputies there made me return to my vehicle and lock it up. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    webmost said:

from the Patriot Post
    I attending a preseason Bucs game a couple years ago and had my pistol on me (I am full time LEO). The deputies there made me return to my vehicle and lock it up. 
    Oy
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    webmost said:

from the Patriot Post
    Lol because it is so much safer in the car! smh....
    How do make this text turn upside down?