Home General Discussion
Options

Fan duration in my coolidor

So I am putting together a coolidor and I installed a pc fan connected to a timer. my question is how long should it run and how often?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Once it twice a day is probably enough honestly. I use a cooler and don't use a fan. I go in mine once a day to grab a stick so air changes once a day.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Answers

• Options
    BowHunter114BowHunter114 Posts: 14
    reggie713 said:
    Your preference, imo, you don't really need a fan, unless you're gonna leave it, without opening for a real long time
    I have a smaller humidor that I use for my everyday smokes. the coolidor would be more for aging
  • Options
    BowHunter114BowHunter114 Posts: 14
    I had read that someone else had it run for 2 minutes every 3 hours. 
  • Options
    BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    What do y'all think about the oasis ultra 2.0 humidifier?
    Danny B
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigDaddy said:
    Don't know about the Ultra, but I have the Oasis Excel electronic humidfier for my tower and it does well, but I've modified it. I removed the green foam and put crystals in it. 
    It works great, but the beeping when it gets low on water is annoying when it decides to do it at 4:00 am.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    BigDaddy said:
    .......but the beeping when it gets low on water is annoying when it decides to do it at 4:00 am.

That's also the time of day all of my smoke detectors start beeping --- but never on the same day......  Bastidges...  B)