Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone tried this cutter?

Recently purchased the Cuban Crafters prefect cut cutter and am patiently waiting for delivery. Has anyone used these before and have any input on them? Otherwise, what's your cutter of choice?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Xikar is probably the choice on this forum. I have one and it works great. Someone asked about that Cuban Crafters cutter a while back and a couple guys said it was a fine choice. 
    Not sure about yours, but Xikars come with a lifetime warranty, which is why so many guys buy those.
  • Options
    BowHunter114BowHunter114 Posts: 14
    the Cuban Crafters does as well. I know Xikar is quality but I think I was drawn to the perfect cut because it removes all guess work
  • Options
    BowHunter114BowHunter114 Posts: 14
    the Cuban Crafters does as well. I know Xikar is quality but I think I was drawn to the perfect cut because it removes all guess work
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......because it removes all guess work
    I have a cutter that's very similar that was given to me at a Drew Estate event as promotional swag. It doesn't have the small hole for cutting pointy-headed sticks but it does have the same kind of "depth gauge" feature. It's nowhere near the quality of the Cuban Crafter version but I use it quite a bit. I think it's a very handy feature. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can accomplish the same thing with any cutter... put the cutter on a flat surface, say a countertop, stand the cigar vertically in the cutter with it open, and cut.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a fine cutter based on reputation. I prefer the Xicar multi-purpose scissors; great as a backup to a guillotine type cutter.