Home General Discussion
Options

XMas Gifts

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
Anyone get anything good yet? Got a box of chillin' moose in the mail today. About to light one up. May write a review for it too. Anyone else get something decent yet? How about wishlists, anyone know what they are hoping to receive?

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the secret Santa thread and feast your eyes
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the chillin moose--IIRC, this is a Foundry stick, yes? Hard to beat this good one for the price point 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife got me a sampler, 15 Gurkha vintage shaggys, 20 victor sinclair overruns (Pretty sure they are Bohemians), and a handful of RP 1990s.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    I like the chillin moose--IIRC, this is a Foundry stick, yes? Hard to beat this good one for the price point 
    Yeah, it's a foundry cigar. Sadly the shipping was a bit poor. One side of the box is falling off and they are now resting in the Humi. I got almost nothing but strong cedar out of the first one, though towards the end of the stick I got some spicy notes. Hoping they will mellow a bit if I let em rest.

Wylaff said:
    My wife got me a sampler, 15 Gurkha vintage shaggys, 20 victor sinclair overruns (Pretty sure they are Bohemians), and a handful of RP 1990s.

I haven't had anything by Victor Sinclair yet, had my first Gurkha while on vacation though, a B&M in Long Beach, WA had Gurkha Red Witches up for 6.25 each. I bought 6 and enjoyed every one of them. And I'm not a big RP fan, but every now and then I don't mind one.

jlmarta said:
    As for me, I'm looking to put some real excitement into my life. I'm gonna buy myself a new set of cutter heads for my electric shaver. 

Ooohh, be still, my beating heart....  :p

I need to get my "shaver" sharpened. I have a nice Damascan Steel Straight Razor that I prefer to shave with, but it's gone really dull and I don't have a high enough quality stone to get it back to the kind of edge I want.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    Got myself this, and a few more stinky ash trays for the cigar lounge
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting more ram for one of my computers; a wireless keypad for the garage door; and some new outdoor adirondack chairs. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    I'm getting more ram for one of my computers; a wireless keypad for the garage door; and some new outdoor adirondack chairs. 
    You need a new router or figure how to Vherf from the garage!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    jgibv said:
    lol yes i need to figure out how to work the vherf. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Bigshizza said:
    jgibv said:
    lol yes i need to figure out how to work the vherf. 

I agree
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    jgibv said:
    He needs a good router.
    I got no excuse. I do too. Just waiting on the new place
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    From me to me because of you guys :)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Dammit forgot picimage
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks empty Nick...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Usaf06 Very nice
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Stubble said:
    Looks empty Nick...
    Don't push me steve.. your up there already
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Nick needs cigars?  Is that what I heard.  
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I want one too. That's on my short list for sure. 
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Usaf06 said:
    Dammit forgot pic

Very nice and loving my Wineador and still need to set up my second one. They are really great and highly recommend them especially for those like me who live in an older building with no AC during the Summer. 

As far as gifts this year pretty much just did the Secret Santa on here and then Jim sent me some Christmas Cheer. No real gift giving with the Family with everything that has gone on this year. Thankfully though I'm actually getting some decent hours at work with the Holidays but had probably six weeks with zero hours over the last few months which sucked.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick, looks like I am not the only one sending you sticks. Good thing you got #2. 
    Start planning for #3 bhaaaaaaaaa

• Options
    BJ'S wholesale on sale for $100
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

jimmyv723 said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Dammit forgot pic

Very nice and loving my Wineador and still need to set up my second one. They are really great and highly recommend them especially for those like me who live in an older building with no AC during the Summer. 

As far as gifts this year pretty much just did the Secret Santa on here and then Jim sent me some Christmas Cheer. No real gift giving with the Family with everything that has gone on this year. Thankfully though I'm actually getting some decent hours at work with the Holidays but had probably six weeks with zero hours over the last few months which sucked.
    Hope your new year brings you more cheer! 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Usaf06 said:
    BJ'S wholesale on sale for $100
    Wow.. To good to resist

Crud.. out of stock 
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got some awesome smokes from the family!! my brother in law hit me with some Quesada limited and a cool mug, along with some A.B pouched cigars, My lovely wife surprised me with Fallen Angel 10 pack!!imageimageimage
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015

Man not being cooperative today

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Sexy.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Is that a big ass pork rind?

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Is that a big ass pork rind?
    Yes sir
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR