Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Force Awakens (No Spoilers)

CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. C'mon nerds, no one has seen it yet? I'm a fan but not so much that I have to see it on the first night. I work in retail so I have been crazy busy but will be going with family members later this week. Most of what I've heard has been very positive. What did you think?

NO SPOILERS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge fan but have decided to wait a couple weeks till the rush dies down.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    My advice, don't wait. You can't avoid spoilers forever. And there are some big spoilers.

My review, it was very well done, however the plot lines are very similar to the original trilogy which may irk some people.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I liked it. The first three turned me off to Star Wars. So very different from 4-6, and I let my love for the story go. I have a significant amount of faith (call it A New Hope, if you will) in the new direction they are going. Harrison Ford made the movie for me. He did a damn fine job, lightening the mood where needed, and in other places. 

I am am fascinated by theme/trope/leitmotif in storytelling. The Deus ex Machina type devices we have grown to expect in these films (the death star I and II, etc) is interesting, as are some other themes; the hero, the anti hero, the foil, and several others I won't mention due to spoilers.

Bottom line? I have hope again for the series and the direction it is headed. This new heroine is a straight up badass
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I'm waiting to get tickets to the science center to see it on the Omni-max. There's only 15 in the world showing it on that screen and St Louis is lucky enough to have one
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    it was awesome.....saw it 2 times because my kids couldn't see it at the same time because of some scheduling issues this weekend.

great movie, i wouldn't wait, you will get spoiled very soon.  Disney basically threatened the media as a whole to not spoil the thing until Today, so you will start seeing some spoiler reviews and media coverage popping up all over today
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO SPOILERS!!!!

HAH! 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the first 3 when they came out... The prequels were disappointing... Haven't seen the new one.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might sneak down to see it after Christmas when Carla's taking a nap. 
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it. 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 22 ✭✭
    The effects were nice. Enjoyable overall but I didn't find the plot/story very intriguing. Rey is a good character idea, hope they flesh it out more. They followed a Hero's Journey. I would like a little more variety but that's the nature of Star Wars. If you liked the first Trilogy,  this one will not disappoint.