Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What do you concider a UFO?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in Non Cigar Related

as the topic asks.... IF you were watching the sky, what would nag at you as a possible UFO?

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of on topic

Back before I had xm radio I sometimes would listen to coast to coast while driving late night/early morning. At times I'd find myself looking real fast at the passenger seat and in the sleeper because I had a feeling I wasn't alone or thought I seen something. If that happened I figured it was time for bed. Lol
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Kind of on topic

Back before I had xm radio I sometimes would listen to coast to coast while driving late night/early morning. At times I'd find myself looking real fast at the passenger seat and in the sleeper because I had a feeling I wasn't alone or thought I seen something. If that happened I figured it was time for bed. Lol

I LOVE IT!!! That's great! I have listened to old Coast to Coast broadcasts and love them! Its good stuff!

• Options

I guess I will throw my opinion out on this one. lol Usually im fairly logical when it comes to things in the sky. I look for regular flight patterns (straight line/consistent speed/smooth turning arcs... etc.) Stereotypical aircraft lighting, angle of the source of reflective lighting and so forth.

Luckily the area I will be in (Rachel Nevada) is a no fly zone for personal and commercial aircraft. The military regularly flies through... so that leaves the sky wide open for almost anything.  

• Options
    Kinda makes you wonder what they hiding there. Been around them parts many times. Guarantee you jump that fence and start walking you won't make it far. Funny how they can totally secure that perimeter but our borders are wide open.
  • Options

Well both the government and the public explanations as to what that space is used for is pretty acceptable. each has its plausible theories and both can be 'explained' and 'proven'

The government's 'top secret aircraft testing and missile/rocket test ranges'

the public's 'ALIENS!!!!! MUFFUGGIN UFOs!!!! HUMAN HYBRID TESTING!!!!!! REVERSE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAAAAAARRRRRRRR GATES!' Lol!

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You laugh, but is that not what you're heading out there for?  B)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    You laugh, but is that not what you're heading out there for?  B)

BWAHAHAHAHA! Not really. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, but I really am going out there cause I love that area. The quiet, lack of population/traffic and the stars is what im going out for. It would be a nice perk to see something unexplainable. :-)
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. We go out and camp Death Valley for the same reason.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    I might make my loop around back to Vegas and stop by Death Valley. Not sure yet.
  • Options
    I'm wondering what they have since they decommissioned the blackbird. Don't see them decommissioning something if they do not have a replacement.

Use to live 2 miles from McConnell airforce base. Watched the largest jets take off all the time. 1 night I heard a large jet take off then shortly after something else took off. It was the only time anything took off and rattled dishes in the cabinets.. And this was after the blackbird decommisssion
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in belle chasse LA. There are planes that fly straight up out my back door that faces the naval air base. A day does not go by with out my windows and dishes vibrating. We have great tech these days
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options

One of the things I like about the area around Rachel NV is that the pilots fly balls out on afterburner quite frequently. I love the sound of a fighter jet at full bore!

Im sure they are working on a UAV to replace the Blackbird. If it isn't already in action, it has to be really close to being used... but as far as I see it... The Blackbird was and still is one of the sexiest things to hit the skies!

• Options
    @LiquidChaos66 I stumbled across coast to coast am the other day on sxm. It's on road dog channel
  • Options
    I might have to tune into that!