Home General Discussion
Options

My next purchase...

WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's amazing how quickly my 2 humidors filled up and now I'm looking at getting something a little bit bigger to last me for a while. I've been looking for a small cabinet humidor I can also use as a night stand in my bedroom (Lauderdale 500 Cigar End Table Cabinet Humidor). Found it online for around $300. Any thoughts?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
— Abraham Lincoln

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a cooler... much cheaper. Or for that price look at the whynter or new air cigar coolers
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Usaf06 said:
    Get a cooler... much cheaper. Or for that price look at the whynter or new air cigar coolers
    Take this man's advice. No question that humidor looks better than a cooler, but a cooler is more practical. Better seal and save $280 to spend on cigars. And because of the climate you live in, a cigar cooler would be a great choice also. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course you could always build a box around a cooler so it still looks like furniture with $20 of pine and some stain.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would second or third the cooler idea.  The cost vs quantity of storage cannot be beat
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep cooler.  my wife does not care for my coolers, but when I showed her the cabinet I wanted she suddenly did mind the coolers.  Cheap, reliable, and can store a lot.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Of course you could always build a box around a cooler so it still looks like furniture with $20 of pine and some stain.
    That idea was forming in my mind just as I scrolled to your post.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been looking into building a cooler. Pretty cheap and easy. Thanks for everyone's input. Photos to follow :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln