Home Non Cigar Related

New Years Eve dinner

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had dinner last evening with my child bride at the home of one of my stepsons. He exasperates me fairly frequently but he does have the occasional burst of acceptable behavior. Last evening was one of those times. 

I'll give him this - he's become a pretty good cook since he married his wife. Mainly because she's too spoiled to have to do that menial chore. The New Years Eve dinner consisted of prime rib, baked potato, salad, carrots, Brussel sprouts, au jus, and whipped cream/horseradish sauce for the prime rib. Oh, and he made a cherry cheesecake for dessert. have to say dinner was spectacular!  

Check out this photo. That's a full-sized dinner plate, not a sandwich plate. No room for veggies.....image

Now, does that look good or what??   B)

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I made smoked ribs and chicken with a pheasant casserole. I'm still full this morning.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good! Just the right done-ness for prime rib too. 

Drool worthy 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I made smoked ribs and chicken with a pheasant casserole. I'm still full this morning.
    Ooooo, pheasant. I haven't had any pheasant in years....  Love it....  B)
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For new years day we had a southern tradition, blackeye peas, collard greens and cornbread for good luck in the coming year. I also ate a steak drank some red and had a nice cigar.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papa Murphy's :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lookin' sharp!

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...