Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things are getting bad.

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
As a lot of you know my wife Carla has been battling leukemia. I've been off work caring for her for almost 2 months. She's back in the hospital with severe respiratory problems.  Probably be on a ventilator tonight. If I can't go back to work in the next couple weeks I've got to figure out how to pay for my insurance. https://www.facebook.com/ricky.hamlin.35/posts/1092622750770248

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My family will be praying for you and yours. Is fmla not an option?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    My family will be praying for you and yours. Is fmla not an option?
    You don't get paid for fmla
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I was not aware FMLA pay was at the employers discretion. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Ricky... Sorry to hear
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if others have this issue, but I can't see that link "insufficient permissions" or something like that.

Still praying for you guys Ricky
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Thoughts and prayers to you. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. Prayers coming your way
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    Not sure if others have this issue, but I can't see that link "insufficient permissions" or something like that.

I don't know. It works when I tap on it. Don't know if it's because I did it on my phone or what. 
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't work for me either
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can find your facebook page OK, but the link doesn't work.  Is there something there you'd like us to know about?

And...  you and Carla are still on my prayer list!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thoughts and prayers for your family. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to hear this. Prayers for y'all. 
  • Options
    I don't know it works for me every time. I'm not technically savy. Maybe I can find out something. 
  • Options
    Not sure guys. I tried it with my wife's phone and the link worked. So I'm stumped. I'll see if I can send the gofundme people a message. But thanks for trying. 
  • Options
    See if this works better. https://www.gofundme.com/carlasfight
  • Options
    jarubla said:

See if this works. https://www.gofundme.com/carlasfight
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That link works fine.  I also saw it as a post on your facebook page, and my guess is that you linked to that post, but unless we're 'friends' on fb it won't let us follow the original link directly to that post.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    That link works fine.  I also saw it as a post on your facebook page, and my guess is that you linked to that post, but unless we're 'friends' on fb it won't let us follow the original link directly to that post.
    Ahh that's probably it. Never thought of that. Thanks